Views:	1
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	1300770Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	1300771

Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by Bowman85merc; 07-24-2013, 08:04 PM.
    ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
    ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Wish I could put that on my '87 GM but too much to make that happen!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
      Wish I could put that on my '87 GM but too much to make that happen!
      Its not That much work

Ba-Bump!!!
      ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
      ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

Wonder EXACTLY what would be involved??

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

Comment

I could be wrong!
          But I think it would take swapping a complete CV dash into your GM.
          That could be done, and it really wouldn't be that bad. It would be little more than doing a heater core replacement.
          Still, it's a lot of work.

Comment

Too much work for my current health condition! Too bad as it looks nice (not sure if that is a scratch or crack on the left side).

Comment

Yea, a dash swap is not that hard really. Just a few screws and bolts.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I'd be more concerned about the connections matching up for the gauges/idiot lights!

Comment

They are the same. Tom had a CV speedo in GMGT, before I bought it. Remember, ford was good with tooling lol.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                  1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                  1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                  2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                  2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

dash swap is not hard... if you can keep track of about 50 nuts and bolts of various locations and sizes and deal with the weight and awkwardness and very time consuming.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
                      (not sure if that is a scratch or crack on the left side).
                      I just looked at it today, it looks like a really light scratch, not sure if it could be buffed out or not as its not deep at all, probably easier just to swap the cover I'd assume.

Bump!!!

Comment

Yea, you would need a CV dash to make that fit. I did it in my 89'. Wasn't that big of a deal. As I recall it was pretty much a bolt on.

Comment

Working...
                        X