Cruise control wants to race?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruise control wants to race?

Hey all quick question on my 76 i have gotten everything working with the exception of the cruise working properly. When you hit the set/accel button old roxanne just wants to accell. I figured mabyee id wait and see if she flattend out but she didnt (i shut off the cruise at 93) so does anybody know what could cause this it has the factory cruise and 460 motor

1976 Mercury Grand Marquis 460 AC Cruise and leather. Red on Red On Red and sooo much friggen red
    RIP 1987 g/m 5.0 w o/d trans factory l/s rear kind of sandy in color with the landau top.
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y82...s/oct08012.jpg

bad cruise servo/controller. Check the wire harnesses for good connections.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

yeah, sounds like an internal leak in the servo
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

thank you i will start there

1976 Mercury Grand Marquis 460 AC Cruise and leather. Red on Red On Red and sooo much friggen red
        RIP 1987 g/m 5.0 w o/d trans factory l/s rear kind of sandy in color with the landau top.
        http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y82...s/oct08012.jpg

Comment

Working...
        X