Ive come with my 1998 215,000 mile GM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive come with my 1998 215,000 mile GM

Well like the title says im the proud owner of a 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis Montigua with 215,000 miles!! To me that a heck of a lot!, ive had this car for about 13 years now bought it in 2000 for 13K it had 18k miles on it and was white with gray cloth interior, had the manifold replaced after 6 months but no biggie, routine maintenance until one of my spark plugs blew the eff up stripped the threads and well thankfully that was its only damage, re threaded the head and off it was up and running. but after 15 its gotten extremely sluggish take offs are pretty bad, brakes work awesome ac blows ice cold, heater core has a leak so i disconnected it, starts up without a problem and the interior has no rips of any kind, the car is awesome and i love it but i was wondering if it was time for an engine swap or rebuild, i need to know what types of engines anyone had experience with maybe an earlier model engine? how about a crown vic engine? Mustang? truck? rebuild? junk yard? any help is much appreciated.

Di you happen to do a compression test on it? Have the cats ever been changed?

Jay
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Welcome!

I'm sure others will ask the same questions, but what do you want to do with the car? Keep it as a daily driver for another 15 years? Turn it into a 1/4mile racer?
      For a daily driver I would say just rebuild it and enjoy many more years of service out of the car.
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Howdy!

Have you cleaned the heck out of the intake manifold and related smog/control stuff? Clean the IAC, MAF, other stuff ( ), new PVC, use Seafoam or equiv (I use Berryman B-12) directly into the intake, modulars have an issue with soot.

Pete
        Originally posted by gadget73
        For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
        1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
        1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Welcome to the party!
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
          X