Rookie, 1st Pather a/c swap help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rookie, 1st Pather a/c swap help please

I found myself an idiot with a 94 GM that needed some work. Sold it to me for $1500 w/ 78k orig miles. I thought this was an excellent choice to practice some DIY... My control head is going out on my A/C and I was wanting some advice on whether or not & how I could swap it to a digital head... Thanks. Glad to finally have one of these!

if you have automatic temp control already, it should be plug and play to put the digital in (if they offered it on aeros... I don't know if they did). If you have manual controls, it may also be plug and play on the head unit, but you'll also need to grab the cabin temp sensor and associated wiring (no clue where this is located). Also, finding one would be an issue as I don't know what years cross over exactly. Personally, I did the rotary knob control swap on my 93 vic. Manual control for that car.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thank you... I do have auto temp, but the manual sliders are cheap plastic and just dinky looking. I'm going to check around some junk yards, I just didn't know if it was as easy as set it and forget it. I surely don't want to fry my A/C!

Comment

you won't fry your AC... it'll either work, or won't plug in. I made a write-up on the aero rotary control swap... http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...ck-manual-HVAC in case you want to go that route. and do away with the auto-temp (though that is a very nice system when it works).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Hi.
          Welcome to the Party!!

-ryan s.
          08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
          94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
          73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
          12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
          Originally posted by pantera77
          Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Welcome!
            Good luck with the 94, you should be able to get a lot of life out of it at only 78k miles.
            Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
            ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
            ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Working...
            X