No announcement yet.

Old Man's Hotrod P72

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987cp, did you remove any of the audio wires when you had the car? If not, the car is still set up for actively crossed over midbasses/tweeters with equal length wires.

Comment

Good grief ... I don't remember! I know the ones with RCA connectors were still dangling from the dash when I sold it. I also know I never got around to touching the rear speakers or the tweeters you'd had in there, in part because I never bothered to put in a radio at all. So I'm pretty sure the audio wiring, other than that huge 0/1 gauge power cable, should all still be there.
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
        ....I'm no longer a spring chicken and one thing about growing old, projects requiring physical labor seem to take alot longer to complete....
        Yeah, I discovered last week when I 1st attempted to drop the fuel tank in my Chevy how heavy 10 gallons of fuel is. I know that I used to be able to lift that, but apparently no more. *sigh*

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
          I also know I never got around to touching the rear speakers or the tweeters you'd had in there, in part because I never bothered to put in a radio at all. So I'm pretty sure the audio wiring, other than that huge 0/1 gauge power cable, should all still be there.
          I may have to dramatically upgrade my simple AM radio idea!

Comment

My favourite part of doing a gas tank drop is joyriding for a while before I get dirty to burn as much excess gas out of it as possible to make the tank lighter :P
            Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
            Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I don't need an excuse to joy ride. I just pump the fuel out with an electric pump and store it in 5 gallon cans. As long as your cans are clean and you pump it through a filter it can be reused. Boring? Yes, but if you have replaced as many tanks as I have, and have as many cars stored as we have, you'd own a pump and about (6) 5 gallon cans.

Comment

Any updates on this car?

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by slack View Post
                  Any updates on this car?
                  Wow...a year already since I purchased it.

Been acquiring some bits and pieces for it (Impala tailpipes, IMCO mufflers, interior trim pieces, etc)...just been running it to keep the blood flowing....hope to really dive into it it this Fall. Been focusing on getting my other cars finished up first. Do have a historical plate for it now, need to repair the leaking rear brake line though before I can start driving it.

I really like it and I think I'll have it road worthy and presentable just in time........to be put away again for a long winter and another round of polar vortexes.

Comment

This thing still kicking?

Comment

Hmm, eight year old thread.. Doubtful. But hey, he was another Michigander.
                      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
                      X