• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 1986 Lincoln towncar

Click image for larger version

Name:	assorted pics 312.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	201.4 KB
ID:	1300828I bought her in March of this year in Center ville Iowa from a gentleman who had no Idea what a diamond in the rough he truly had. she's near mint on the outside and almost great shape on the inside. I am looking into removing the chrome on the bottom and painting her again. But she has tinted windows and is a straight ride. I thank 87_crown_vic for helping me find her and getting her after my dreams of owning a white 94 lincoln town car fell through down by Kansas city Mo.
    Lincoln/Grand marquis Lover 4 Lyfe

too bad we couldnt find the right style rear header panel... had to go with wide offset reverse lights... she needs LEDs, upgraded wheels, and a few mods done to her to make her scream better ... she is gonna be a fun project i guarantee for you... hope you will be good apprentice toward it too
    Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

wide offset reverse lights? What rear panel is in there? There are at least 3 that I'm aware of, the correct one is the 85-87 style with the big center reverse lamp. 88-89 have two small ones near the back lights, and the early ones had the reverse lights in the bumper.

I'd suggest not removing the chrome (its actually stainless steel) if its factory. You'll have a bunch of holes and rivets from the clips leftover plus holes in the sheetmetal along the top edges where it goes under the trim. Pulling it to clean and do any rust repair is a good idea though. Wonderful thing about that stuff, it hides imperfect bodywork. I'd suggest dipping the screws in silicone or something to seal them when re-installing.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah I would also second keeping the trim, I just removed it from my 85 and there are little studs that will need shaved off, not a big deal to me as I'm repainting anyway, but unless you are planning on doing some bodywork I,d keep them on.

Nice car BTW
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

installed the 88-89 style with brush metal and no red reflector... werent any that had big middle reverse lens... hers was busted so we replaced with what we could find and put the skinnier hood ornament on.. just finished changing lower intake gaskets in her car also... no more leaks, but it showed a few other issues... the tube in the heater core line for auto climate control was busted and leaking some rubber vacuum lines were rotten and replaced, thermostat housing was leaking, mouse nest under the upper intake was a mess, bypassed the egr spacer coolant lines, the hose for the pcv valve was like silicone hose and wrong also... the car had different engine installed in past, but issues tended to... after getting back together car ran smooth.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Sapphire intake work.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	1272992
          Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

An update on her...she runs smoother than before since we did the intake manifold gasket, thermostat gasket housing gasket and sealed up some issues 87_crown_vic stated in comment above this one..she runs cooler and no more smoking....I have my baby back and she runs better than ever...thanks 87_crown_vic
            Lincoln/Grand marquis Lover 4 Lyfe

Comment

Originally posted by 87_crown_vic View Post
              and put the skinnier hood ornament on.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]37052[/ATTACH]

the skinny one? That hardly makes for a proper aiming target mang. Need the big crosshairs to aim for hipsters on fixed gear bikes.

At least the engine doesn't look too goopy inside. I've seen those where the whole middle was solid chunknuggets of garbage before. usually doesn't give warm fuzzy feelings.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

More pics are always welcome
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                X