PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!

Thread: I bought a Honda

not embarrassed on a scooter 85crownHPP's Avatar

Default I bought a Honda

Yup! I was a bit of a plunge for me, but i got a good deal on it. It's a 2006, very low miles, and might as well be brand new except for a few scratches!
    I got it for less than half the price of a new one.

that'll scoot!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Very nice. I work with a guy that just bought a new Vespa he fills up for about $5 a week, or so he says.

Doesn't that make 2 scooters for you now?
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Yup, one good one and one broken POS. The 150cc has a come-and-go problem that will let it run just fine one minute and not want to rev up the next. I've exhausted lots of time, a bit of money, and all possibilities I can think of and find doing research. Except for one 'maybe' that is a tad pricey, fairly laborious and requires buying a scooter flywheel puller.
    Really I didn't expect a whole lot of longevity out of the Chinese 150cc, and this may have saved me years of nursing it along with occasional agonizing stupid gremlins like this. On top of the other things like what I've been able to fix without griping about here. The thing ran like a raped ape, but I can't really say it feels safe a high speed... lol

This Reflex happened to pop up at the motorcycle shop I go by a few times a week fetching tires for work. I like to entertain fate, so it was hard to pass up a perfect upgrade to a low miles 250cc Japanese scooter at a decent price.

Being on two wheels in general is incredible - I know if everyone could at least try it, half the cars on the road would turn into some kind of two wheeler!

4 wheels and a cage for me thanks. I have a harsh relationship with 2-wheel vehicles.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

I've had enough scary encounters with 4 to wish to contend with the other morons on the road with only 2 wheels and my blubber protecting me.

The Japanese have been making very good motorcycles for a long time. Hondas work, no question about it. They won't have parts vibrate off like Hardley-Ablesons and they aren't as annoying to listen to either.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    they won't have parts vibrate off like hardley-ablesons and they aren't as annoying to listen to either.
    this.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Here's the start of some visibility upgrades - these are both DOT approved lamps. The brake light is a trash-to-treasure score from a newer Toyota Camry.

And don't forget instrument cluster LEDs

Very nice. I've always wanted a scooter to run around on.
    -85 Town Car: Crushed, gone to a better place.
    -91 Grand Marquis: With the Town Car
    -94 Grand Marquis: My DD

Time to rebuild!

For those in the dark, I hit a deer

The top center piece and turn signal covers were unbroken and will create a possibly sweet looking two-tone theme.
    And of course, since this piece is no longer unmolested original, its time to bedazzle!

And oh yeah, this happened.

I think it's going to become a naked/streetfighter/hotrod scooter.

Oh yea, she's all fixed up... if you didn't notice the sig update yet...

The new LEDs on the side blink alternately with the signals of course, and she feels just the same as before!

This happened to the Helix I dragged home, I started taking the engine apart since I could see someone had tried, and I found the piston was missing!
    's ok though, I've already made my money back from parts on eBay...