Can't Breathe with no Air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Breathe with no Air

97 Grand Marq owner here (hence the user name). The heater core messed up and the "mechanic" claimed he had to drop the dash to get to replace it. No problem there. Got the car back and NOTHING electrical worked except for the speedo and fuel gauge. Yep the turn signals, the HVAC, the gear selection light and wipers turn on but I have to shut the engine to stop them and they dont park at the bottom of the windshield. Please help me?

Take it back to the "mechanic" Tell him to "fix it properly or don't charge me !"

Comment

Its already a done deal. My mother had it at the time. It took him 3 days to replace it, which left her vehicle-less so she was just happy to get it back. It were me I would made it taken care of properly.

Comment

Better Business Bureau (BBB) can help. I've had good luck with them disputing issues in the past.

sigpic

I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.
        George Burns

Comment

True but he was a what we call a shadetree mechanic. I dont think think he was even certified. His shop looked more like a junkyard (possibly a graveyard of innocent cars that deserved better).

Comment

Ouch! I don't know too much about the 97. Hopefully the guys and gals can point you in the right direction.

sigpic

I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.
            George Burns

Comment

as for the cluster lights... pull the instrument cluster and make sure the harnesses are plugged in all the way. Also, check all the harnesses in the steering column and around the fuse box area. He probably stressed out some wires and/or didn't reconnect some stuff.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                as for the cluster lights... pull the instrument cluster and make sure the harnesses are plugged in all the way. Also, check all the harnesses in the steering column and around the fuse box area. He probably stressed out some wires and/or didn't reconnect some stuff.
                and/or possibly pinched a wire or two putting it back together........

Comment

I would try to get some of my money back, in time that may happen.
                  You may have to hire a lawyer, would that be worth it?
                  Do whatever makes you feel better and has a chance of getting you some justice.
                  But I would also get that car under a good shade tree or in a garage and take it apart.
                  Short of pulling the new core I would go as far into it as needed to figure out whats wrong
                  and fix it.

This sounds like the type of problem that takes a long time to resolve and until that happens
                  you'll be without unless you do it yourself.

just my

Comment

Even worse now is that I didnt find the DLC under the dash

Comment

Dlc?

you mean the OBD-II Diag port?

Should be just up out of sight behind the steering column knee panel.
                      Last edited by sly; 08-29-2013, 09:29 PM.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                      X