1999 Grand Marquis partout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1999 Grand Marquis partout

So here's the story. I've got a 1999 Grand Marquis with 79k miles. Frame is rotted to almost nothing in the rear, so I'm probably going to part this out if there's interest in parts. Probably going to keep the motor and a couple other odds and ends unless I get a good offer for it. The car runs and drives mint, it's really a shame. Interior is mint. Located in Massachusetts.

Let me know what you need. I also have a brand new set of rear coils + rear shocks for this car. If someone is interested in the whole car, it's driveable, but needs an alternator. $1000 whole.

2003 Crown Vic - Stainless Works Longtubes + 2.5" exhaust, 19" C/S Wheels, 70MM TB
    2004 Dodge Ram 2500, Yeah, It's got a Hemi
    2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab

What kind of hitch is on it? Class, and brand?
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

Has no hitch sorry. Thats just the tongue of my trailer its backed up near.
      2003 Crown Vic - Stainless Works Longtubes + 2.5" exhaust, 19" C/S Wheels, 70MM TB

Comment

Damn u parked close lol. Clean car. Unfortunate that the rust claimed it

Comment

Any pictures of the rot?

Comment

Its really junk, unless you wanted to frame swap it I think. But here's a rough idea anyways

Inside of the frame before the rear tire:

Frame rail after the rear tire, its through the outside and inner side, you can see the vapor lines:

Comment

The rust killed the car. Too bad it was not undercoated when it was new.

Comment

wow... bad rust. no cookie!

if you were closer... I'd want the brake hardware from all 4 corners for a big brake swap on the vic and rear disc on the box... but shipping would be horrid.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Last chance whole before parts start flying off it. Price lowered $850.

Comment

Remind me to NEVER take any of my cars to MA. GEEZ!!

Comment

Someone obviously parked it somewhere they shouldn't have. Like... in mud or something, cause I've never seen a panther this bad around here. Even a 25 yr old box.

Comment

Sold.

Comment

Originally posted by LimitedStreet View Post
                          Sold.
                          Did they buy it for parts or were there intentions at actually fixing it (I know that's a long shot, I'm just curious) ?

sigpic

Comment

It was some sketchy guy from the inner city, I think he was just looking for a beater to get through the winter, but I didn't really ask too much, probably rather not know, LOL.

At least now if I can find one, I have some room in the driveway for a box Vic.

Comment

I was considering buying it to fix. That kind of work is cake for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X