No announcement yet.

how do you get exhaust manifolds off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think I will have many problems this week when I start to remove mine, to install my longtubes...
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

What longtubes did you order? Will they require any cutting?
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

I got them for a 78-79 truck with a 351M.

I happened to aquire them thur the store (defect) cause they werent for the vehicle that the guy ordered them for, and were used.

I took em home

I gotta redrill the flanges a bit, and prob cut some, but I will keep everyone posted...
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT
          I got them for a 78-79 truck with a 351M.

I happened to aquire them thur the store (defect) cause they werent for the vehicle that the guy ordered them for, and were used.

I took em home

I gotta redrill the flanges a bit, and prob cut some, but I will keep everyone posted...
          Is there any reason you are going to go through all that pain and agony for a 2 or 3 hp gain on $20 shorties?

Comment

Originally posted by Stu
            $20 shorties?
            Where are you shopping?
            2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
            1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
            1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
              Originally posted by Stu
              $20 shorties?
              Where are you shopping?
              I bought my twenty dollar specials off eBay.

Comment

i used the hacksaw to get off the passenger side, gotta do the drivers side now.
                1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

Working...
                X