88 town car frame specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

88 town car frame specs

Does anyone have the frame pull specs for a 1988 Lincoln two car? I need to pull my frame its spittle outta whack

What specs do you need? Here are the underhood measurements... My estimating software doesn't provide the actual frame specs.

Last edited by Ziggy; 09-10-2013, 01:07 PM.

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis GS HPP - SOLD
    Wore out the cam chain tensioners and jumped time at 176k miles.

Comment

Sorry I should have been more specific. My Lincoln was hit in 1991 and was shittily fixed, the frame needs straightened OR I have a friend who has 4 2011 panthers that were rolled and the body's are destroyed but the drive terrain appears to be ok. I want to take my 1988 Lincoln and set its body on one of the other panthers chassis. But I wanna know which one is the best fit. I have the chassis specs for the 4 other panthers but I can't find one for my 1988 town car. Does anyone have the frame specs for a 1988 Lincoln, they would most likely come from a frame shop who would have them in the electronic data base for their machine. But I wondered if anyone else had them
      Last edited by taylorendicott; 09-12-2013, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Any body shop with a frame machine should be able to help you out. Best bet would be to find one of the smaller full service body shops. Some of the bigger shops won't take the time to help you if you're not going to spend any money there.

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis GS HPP - SOLD
        Wore out the cam chain tensioners and jumped time at 176k miles.

Comment

frame changed in 98 for rear suspension and again in 2003 for the entire front subassembly. you'll need the entire rolling frame to be able to have any hope of swapping those frames to a box. You might also need custom motor mounts if sticking with the 5.0L to keep from having to rewire everything. I'm not sure if the mount points are different from the aeros (which are the same as boxes which is why aero mounts can be used to swap 4.6L into boxes or box mounts used in aeros to swap 302s into aeros).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
          X