My New Old '90 Lincoln

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My New Old '90 Lincoln

Picked this up today, reactivated the old plates to put it on the road. Grey with a light grey mock top (Roman Chariot Conversions, same company that did my '03 Ultimate). Three window motors need rebuilt, driver side is stuck down 2" but I can hear all three working away, even if the windows won't go anywhere. Air ride suspension that works, we'll see how long the bags hold as it needs front brakes badly and I don't want to drive it until that's taken care of. ArmourGuard or some rustproofing was done, only spot of rust is corner behind rear passenger door, some little bit of clear coat burnoff at the front of the trunk/decklid, not too bad at all.

Scored this beauty on Craigslist, was listed for $500, the guy suggested $450 cash when I asked if there was any wiggle room. Everything seems to work aside from the window motors. Had to fill it up & got 20.1 by the time I got to my mom's to show car off to my nephew (who may or may not end up with this eventually as he turns 16 in Dec). The mileage was a short 35 min trip at various speeds with the driver window down 2" & the working A/C on MAX since it was a Summer's Revenge 93-degrees today. Not bad, some cracks, one tear on the leather. 193k and just getting started, I'm sure!

Here is one crappy cell phone pic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LincolnCelly1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	1300867
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Nice. The '90 is my second favorite of the 90-97 style. The 95-97 I think looks best, but I'd much rather have the 90's driveline. These should be capable of excellent fuel economy thanks to the massive aerodynamics improvements over the boxes. I know people claiming mid-high 20s with fairly minor work. basically an electric fan and better exhaust.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I never see deals like that on Lincoln's in my area.
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

What a great deal! Best of all it's the 5.0, You did well

sigpic

Comment

Awesome, congrats!

Pete
          Originally posted by gadget73
          For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
          1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
          1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Nice!!!
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

nice score mang

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
              302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
              k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Great addition to your panther fleet man!

Comment

Nice!
                  2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                  2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                  Past Panthers
                  1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                  if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Thanks for the compliments, mangs, it was a smoker's car, so the headliner is almost completely dropped. I know a shop that will do it for $100-125 (in the car maybe?), so I may get that done shortly if the brakes aren't too expensive. I ordered some silverstars for the headlights, because I figure seeing at night is good. Discovered my bogo GE silverhawk platinums are like the lowest rated life of any light GE sells while I was shopping for the '90 beams. I'll still put the pair I have in the '03 & then the silverstars in the '90 when they arrive (being careful to wear gloves & not touch the bulbs with finger oils.
                    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Why don't you do the headliner yourself. It is not hard if you take your time. If you must have a shop do the job, have them do the visors at the same time.

Comment

and the C-pillar "sail panels"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                          and the C-pillar "sail panels"
                          ++1 on that !

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                            Nice. The '90 is my second favorite of the 90-97 style. The 95-97 I think looks best, but I'd much rather have the 90's driveline. These should be capable of excellent fuel economy thanks to the massive aerodynamics improvements over the boxes. I know people claiming mid-high 20s with fairly minor work. basically an electric fan and better exhaust.
                            95-97 front end is a direct bolt on.... but then you would loose the awesome 90' steel bumpers!
                            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I wonder about the bumper. The '90 steel bumper looks like it is almost the same shape as the plastic ones.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Working...
                              X