Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Canada. First time Grand Marquis Driver but definitely not the last time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Canada. First time Grand Marquis Driver but definitely not the last time!

Where to start? Well, I live in London Ontario, maybe about 20km away from the former Ford Plant where they built these magnificent cars. I have to say these cars never excited me much, maybe because I grew up in Germany and my favorite car is obviously the Mercedes Benz. And I am not talking about the newer models. My all time favorite is the 1972 MB 280S or SE. It is the body-style I like, the roomy interior and the smoothness of the ride. The only other car that comes close to this driving experience was the 240 Volvo I had. I don't remember the year on that one anymore, but this car also made me a Volvo-Lover. After the 240, I bought a 1991 740 Station Wagon, which I brought with me when I came to Canada in 1993. I drove that car for 13 years, raised two kids in it, drove 350k on it and sold it still in mint condition. (I am still crying about this car). So I decided I would go Japanese with the next car and bought a 2001 Toyota Camry. Big mistake! I drove the Camry for eight years and I had nothing but trouble with it. So what now? Well back to Volvo. Bought a 1998 S70 and drove it for one year then the engine died. Luckily I have a very good friend who is also a mechanic next to his main profession and he convinced me to buy a Grand Marquis. I have to say, I am glad he could get through my stubborn boxhead. So now I am the proud owner of a 1995 Grand Marquis LS. What a smooth ride! Love the bench-seat in the front. My purse can sit right next to me, So now I have THREE favorite cars and when it is time to say good-bye to "Gustafo Gonzales, the dirty Mexican" (name of my car, hahaha) then I am absolutely positive I will buy another Grand Marquis or Crown Victoria.

Click image for larger version

Name:	95 Mercury  Grand Marquis.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	1300868
    1995 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series: "Albert" my daily driver
    1988 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series: "Don Vito Corleone" my Summer Cruise
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2004 Grand Marquis LS: "The Boss" with floor shifter (loved it) - R.I.P.
    1997 Crown Victoria: "Victoria, the Armadillo" R.I.P.
    2003 Lincoln Town Car: "Nikkatello" - R.I.P. (Miss you the most)
    1995 Grand Marquis: "Gustavo Gonzales, the dirty Mexican" - R.I.P.

Welcome.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Nice story, welcome to the site, hope your Grand Marquis continues to serve your commuting needs for many years.

Comment

Howdy!

Pete
        Originally posted by gadget73
        For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
        1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
        1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Welcome to the party! My parents are die-hard Toyota fans. When I was shopping for my 1st car, they kept bugging me to buy a Corolla or Camry. I wanted a Panther bad and bought a '92 Crown Victoria LX
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

welcome to gmn

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Welcome, a lot of great info and great people here. Again, welcome.
              "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach​ a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat drinking beer all day."

Comment

Thanks a lot for all the welcomes. I have to say every time I sit into my car I feel happy and content. There is nothing better on a nice warm summer day than driving this boat out into the country, windows open, radio as loud as possible and a doob....
                1995 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series: "Albert" my daily driver
                1988 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series: "Don Vito Corleone" my Summer Cruise
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                2004 Grand Marquis LS: "The Boss" with floor shifter (loved it) - R.I.P.
                1997 Crown Victoria: "Victoria, the Armadillo" R.I.P.
                2003 Lincoln Town Car: "Nikkatello" - R.I.P. (Miss you the most)
                1995 Grand Marquis: "Gustavo Gonzales, the dirty Mexican" - R.I.P.

Comment

Working...
                X