1985 Hotrod Country Squire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1985 Hotrod Country Squire

Here is a couple of picture od the 1985 Country Squire I picked up. Its a good running tight car with only 82000 miles on it. The bottom side of this car looks brand new. I'm going to start a build thread on this car, hopefully I can move it along quickly.

The passenger side had A little road rash

Pulled the dents and dress it down. Will put a light coat od fiberglass on it to fill the holes I used to pull then dents. After that I'll dress it out with a little bondo.

Heres a rust spot on the passenger door. look like the paneling pulled up and held water under it.

I dressed it down, but I'll have to hit it with the sandblaster to keep it from coming back.

Heres a great way to pull trim off. Two wrenches and wire. Guitar string works better, but this is all I had. Using a knife you can cut the metal and pulling it off you can put a spot in the metal. So I found this to be my best option.

I'll try to keep this updated the best I can.

Looks like a nice solid project!
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Looks sweet! What are your plans for it?

'93 T-bird
      '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
      '88 Mark VII
      '86 CV

Comment

Looks like it's not your first rodeo. What's the goal? I see lots of potential.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

My plans are to get the body right, is has a small amount of surface rust. Then I'm going to peel all the wood paneling & airbrush it back onto the car. The paneling will probaly be candy apple red. Then I'm going to paint the car satin black. Then I'll lower it with a set of white walls and steel wheels. I've first got to find the trim moulding for the spot on the quarter panel I'm fixing. That seems like its going to be my biggest hickup, I can fins it anywhere.

Comment

Nice Country Squire!!! You're hitting the ground running with this project. Definitely keeping an eye on this one.

BTW, what's the car with the double headlights just off shot in the first pic, and blocked by the CS in the second pic?

Packman

Comment

It's a 64' Belair 4 door. My great grandpa bought it brand new. I've been working on it also. I've got it running and driving, but I believe they are a valve stuck in it.

Comment

Originally posted by kinner View Post
                My plans are to get the body right, is has a small amount of surface rust. Then I'm going to peel all the wood paneling & airbrush it back onto the car. The paneling will probaly be candy apple red. Then I'm going to paint the car satin black. Then I'll lower it with a set of white walls and steel wheels. I've first got to find the trim moulding for the spot on the quarter panel I'm fixing. That seems like its going to be my biggest hickup, I can fins it anywhere.
                That will look awesome! Can't wait to see how it turns out. Will the drop be static or will you airbag or hydro it?

sigpic
                - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

One scraper & 2 1/2 hour later.

Comment

Nice! This wagon is gonna end up like andyfanshawe's wagon.

Hmmmm.......perhaps the Bel Air needs an engine swap............from a certain Caddy Escalade that won't miss it too much. LOL

Packman

Comment

I don't think my wife would like me takin her caddies engine. I would be better off puttting the straight six in hers though. She eats me up in fuel.

Comment

Haven't got to post in a couple of days, spent two night putting a fuel pump in my wife truck. But I did get a lot done got almost all the old wood grain off the car. Plus I found my trim piece for the passenger side.

Tore back the paint where the rust was on the car and this is what I found.

This was the mess I had after using the sandblaster on the rust.

Looks to me like some dummy took a hammer to the hood beat the rust down and filled over with bondo.

Comment

So you're saying hitting the rust with a hammer didn't fix the problem? Lol looks good man
                          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

Originally posted by fmansfield444 View Post
                            So you're saying hitting the rust with a hammer didn't fix the problem? Lol looks good man
                            I've done a lot of body work over the years, it blows mind mind what people will do. The best one is welding in chicken wire in and putting pop cans behind it, then filling it with bondo

Comment

lol... worst I've seen is using tape on the back to hold the bondo in place until it dries and painting over that.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              Originally posted by gadget73
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                              X