TroubleMarq's 1989 grand marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TroubleMarq's 1989 grand marquis

just puttin up some pics of the 1989 project i got goin on. it drives but still needs some more work like the rust and gaskets on the engine need to be changed,when i got it i had the radiator, power steering pump and the fuel line done. paid 300 bucks for the car itself. Sadly i lost a hubcap because i put it on not knowing the rim was bigger than the other ones and it fell off on the way to work. I'm trying to focus on fixing it up to be more reliable and get the heat fixed but i keep trying to put a sound system in it instead of focusing on the bigger things i had a decent monoblock amp that was puttin out 700-800 watts rms but i got rid of it cause it was causing the lights to dim but after an xs battery, the big three upgrade and a 3g HO alternator she'll b ready for something bigger anyways. like a week after i got her on craigslist i saw 1984 marquis coupe and was so upset almost identical problems and less rust i wanted to buy it pretty bad and it went for only 500 bucks i would of taken parts from this 1 to put into that 84 but i love this car! (also the door speakers i put in myself had to drill a couple holes because of alpines hole design, the subs in the back are 15'' cheap power acoustiks they do slam but i plan on getting a couple alpine sws 15-d4 because im pretty sure one of there exagerated amps would be too much for to even handle)

16" rim on the driver's side?
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
      16" rim on the driver's side?
      Looks to be a '98-'02 16 incher.

Nice car, should be a fun project.

Comment

i think the spare in the back is the original tire that was on i should really get new tread put on it and put it back in place maybe try to find another hubcap on ebay. you guys thing the other wheels are 15's?

Comment

think? KNOW!
          yes... 15s
          I have those exact same hubcaps. I'm also missing a centercap off one.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

lucky i've only got 1 center cap and it's not looking to good 3 hubcaps checked out the tire it is in fact a 16'' no wonder tha car doesn't look straight now idk if i should buy aftermarket hubs or jus get shiny new rims when my moneys correct

Comment

Turbines.
              1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

If you're planning to keep this box for a long time, consider having some bodywork done.
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Here it is some big three and 3g Alternator photos i decided to keep the original grounds to the chasis and the engine block but i might buy sum new battery clamps and get of them Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0093.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	1273200Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0094.jpg
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	1273201Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0095.jpg
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	1273202

Comment

I may have one hubcap for sale with center and locking bits that attach to the lugs soon. Thinking I'll just run bare steel wheels on my 88 now. I have at least one good. I may have another good centercap as well. Have to look in the trunk again. but looks like it's going to be raining here a few more days.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

i was gonna buy a set from hubcap mike's classic looking ones but idk i would like to get it more mechanically stable before i make it look nice i wanna get my heat and engine gaskets done soon tired of that smell

Comment

Well my remote starter seems to have messed up my car. I got to work and parked the car took the key out and to my suprise everything was still powered on Radio, windows were functional, fuel gauge was still showing 3 quarters. I'm pretty sure that's why the batterys been dieing so I disconnected that stupid black box and now theres no dash lights =.=.... headlights work and i can even turn on the interior lights from the knob... also my alternator seems to be charging at 13.5volts idk if I should be worried. I hope i can get this car back in working condition

Comment

that's probably the ignition switch in the column rather than anything else.

also, what "stupid black box" are you referring to?

Comment

The no dash lights could just be coincidental and have nothing to do with disconnecting the remote start black box. If you reconnect it, do the dash lights work? If not:
                            If you pull the knob on the headlight switch one click to the parking light position then halfway between that and the next click (go slow) and you see the dash lights come on or flash then it's just the headlight switched that just happened to decide to go bad.
                            Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                            ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                            ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

i dont even wanna plug in the stupid black box which is the remote starter control box. ill do some tests on mayb next week its freezing and theres snow everywhere. Also planning on getting the exhaust fixed in a couple of weeks it sounded worse today

Comment

Working...
                              X