427 with 8 stack in the Lincoln

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

427 with 8 stack in the Lincoln

So guys, heres an idea of what i want to do far far far down the line. Swap in a Ford Racing 427 with an 8 stack carb system on it (of course the 5 speed will come 1st...and will have to be built up ALOT to handle the kind of horsepower im gonna be throwing at it). heres the question i have though, the new 427's are based on the 351, so in order to get the 8 stack on there, would i have to order the 351 style 8 stack or the 427 style.

links to the websites are here
    http://jiminglese.com/weber5_007.htm
    http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=11832
    2010 Toyota Camry "Traveller II "
    54,xxx miles. New daily driver
    2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature "Leroy"
    rear cats deleted, 2" h pipe, dual 8" cherry bomb glasspacks
    114k miles. Sold to my coworker.
    1998 Toyota Camry "Traveller"
    Dead and sold.

I would assume (w/o looking up specs) that you would need the 351 set up as the extra displacement comes from boring/stroking a 351 block...

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

You could get a much better engine for cheaper.
      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post

Listen carefully to his words of wisdom!!!

Comment

A "real" Ford 427 is a completely different engine than a 351. Stuff for that engine won't fit any displacement engine that is 351w based. You'd have about the same chance of fitting 427 Chevy parts on it.

8 carbs might look impressive, but if you aren't a super guru with tuning it, it'll probably never run right. I've run dual 1bbl carbs on a 4cyl before and that was enough of a pain in the ass.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

looks really really expensive.......most people dont make that much in a year lol

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by 01Townie View Post
              So guys, heres an idea of what i want to do far far far down the line. Swap in a Ford Racing 427 with an 8 stack carb system on it (of course the 5 speed will come 1st...and will have to be built up ALOT to handle the kind of horsepower im gonna be throwing at it). heres the question i have though, the new 427's are based on the 351, so in order to get the 8 stack on there, would i have to order the 351 style 8 stack or the 427 style.

A 4 Weber Carb induction system for your 351W based engine will run you near $5K by the time you are done and you will still have a NA engine that you can not close the hood on. Are you seriously planning a $15K engine build?

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
                A 4 Weber Carb induction system for your 351W based engine will run you near $5K by the time you are done and you will still have a NA engine that you can not close the hood on. Are you seriously planning a $15K engine build?
                haha, yes i am
                Dead and sold.

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                  could you divulge the information as to where i could find said engine?
                  Dead and sold.

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                    looks really really expensive.......most people dont make that much in a year lol
                    yeah, its gonna be a project for the far future
                    Dead and sold.

Comment

My advice if you are even remotely serious about this is to first to the conversion with a 302 using the Anderson Ford Motorsports header and intermediate pipe. The pipe is adjustable so that it will work with a 302 OR a 351W based ending and the headers will flow enough for your 427. You are going to have $20-$25K into this build by the time you are done, so start with the "cheap" stuff first and keep it a driver, instead of having to write the whole check at the same time. For $15K, you can definitely do better than a Ford crate motor and the Webers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
                        My advice if you are even remotely serious about this is to first to the conversion with a 302 using the Anderson Ford Motorsports header and intermediate pipe. The pipe is adjustable so that it will work with a 302 OR a 351W based ending and the headers will flow enough for your 427. You are going to have $20-$25K into this build by the time you are done, so start with the "cheap" stuff first and keep it a driver, instead of having to write the whole check at the same time. For $15K, you can definitely do better than a Ford crate motor and the Webers.
                        thanks for the tip! yeah, im definitly serious, just wanted to get some opinions on what i should to 1st. though i am definitly going with the webers (i like the style and individual tunability). i wanna do something big with a ton of horsepower (of course) though the 427 is not a firm choice. there are obviously other options i can look into but its just a basic idea of what i want to do,.
                        Dead and sold.

Comment

So, is it done yet?

I spoke to an old Mustang guy who had trouble with 427s blowing, he ended up using a 390. Just FYI. I think a 427 would be awesome.

Pete
                          Originally posted by gadget73
                          For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                          1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                          1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Originally posted by Piece-it pete View Post
                            I spoke to an old Mustang guy who had trouble with 427s blowing, he ended up using a 390. Just FYI.
                            That is not a useful FYI. If he was blowing up 427s it was his fault (or his engine builder's) and not the engine's. This thread is about stroked Windsors and not FE engine builds...

Comment

Originally posted by 01Townie View Post
                              ... i am definitly going with the webers (i like the style and individual tunability). .
                              If you want tune-ability and want to make a ton of power, why not go with the look but go Fuel Injection?

Comment

Working...
                              X