427 with 8 stack in the Lincoln

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
    That is not a useful FYI. If he was blowing up 427s it was his fault (or his engine builder's) and not the engine's. This thread is about stroked Windsors and not FE engine builds...
    Ah so

Pete
    Originally posted by gadget73
    For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
    1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
    1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

If you want tune-ability and want to make a ton of power, why not go with the look but go Fuel Injection?
      Because it won't run all that well with tennis balls jammed in there. Besides, I thought the desirable trait was to be able to suck a golf ball through a garden hose, not a tennis ball through a velocity stack
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Why not trio of 2 barrels.
          “Cars are the only thing on earth that will beat you, break you, make you bleed, make you cry, spend all your money, spend all your time, not work and not care that you will love more, the more they abuse you.” -Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            I thought the desirable trait was to be able to suck a golf ball through a garden hose...
            Why, do you have that desirable trait?
            Back to the question for the OP... What about FI like I showed? You can tune it with a lap top and it will keep the tune unlike 4 Webers which is 4X the hassle without 4X the return in power..

Comment

No, but if you know someone who does, feel free to share my number.
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

A single 4 bbl is much easier to tune than 4 webers. Even once tuned, I doubt the webers would outperform a single 4 bbl.

Injection is a great way to get the look, and not sacrifice it for performance.

But for the money, I don't think you can beat the 4 bbl. Way cheaper, and when in tune, its going to perform.

One place where you can get a better engine for the money, is www.fordstrokers.com

Have you considered the supporting driveline and suspension mods?
                **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                  No, but if you know someone who does, feel free to share my number.
                  http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=ru+paul&FORM=HDRSC2 ??

Pete
                  For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                  1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                  1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Why, do you have that desirable trait?
                    Back to the question for the OP... What about FI like I showed? You can tune it with a lap top and it will keep the tune unlike 4 Webers which is 4X the hassle without 4X the return in power..
                    i dont like all the computer shit, too many ways they can go wrong. i like the feel a carbed car has, and love the look of the 8 stack. i actually had this discussion earlier with a buddy of mine who thought it was rediculous to swap my motor for a carbed one but hes a computer guy so it makes sense. i just like old school shit, and doing something like throwing an old school motor in a late model car is something that alot of people dont even think about
                    2010 Toyota Camry "Traveller II "
                    54,xxx miles. New daily driver
                    2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature "Leroy"
                    rear cats deleted, 2" h pipe, dual 8" cherry bomb glasspacks
                    114k miles. Sold to my coworker.
                    1998 Toyota Camry "Traveller"
                    Dead and sold.

Comment

Originally posted by 90ltd View Post
                      Why not trio of 2 barrels.
                      the 2 barrel trio looks pretty sick, though i like the look of 8 stacks better
                      Dead and sold.

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                        A single 4 bbl is much easier to tune than 4 webers. Even once tuned, I doubt the webers would outperform a single 4 bbl.

Injection is a great way to get the look, and not sacrifice it for performance.

But for the money, I don't think you can beat the 4 bbl. Way cheaper, and when in tune, its going to perform.

One place where you can get a better engine for the money, is www.fordstrokers.com

Have you considered the supporting driveline and suspension mods?
                        thanks for the link! i realize the 4 bbl would be beter performance, as well as EFI but im not a fan of EFI at all and i love the look of the 4 webers.

as for driveline and suspension, not sure yet. before i do all this i will have a t-45 in and 3.55's, but ill have to do something about those once i put in the bigger motor, since i doubt the t-45 will be able to handle it. as far as suspension goes, i havent gone into too much thought on what im doing other than the coil spring conversion (which will be happening when i put in the 3.55's since im tired of the air suspension)
                        Dead and sold.

Comment

Originally posted by 01Townie View Post
                          i dont like all the computer shit, too many ways they can go wrong. i like the feel a carbed car has, and love the look of the 8 stack....d doing something like throwing an old school motor in a late model car is something that alot of people dont even think about
                          I am not certain that you are realistically considering all of the ways that 4 carbs can go wrong.. I am a fan of keeping things simple and I have done several EFI to carb conversions over the years. I have deliberately avoided multiple carb configurations because of the inherent complexity. I would rather spend the maximum time driving vs tuning my cars.

Comment

at most, I'd do a dual quad just to keep linkage BS to a minimum.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Indeed. Stuff like that is fine for a playtoy, but if you need to get to work every day, you don't need complex high strung fuel or engine systems to deal with. You need something that starts and goes every morning in any weather condition. EFI is fantastic for that.
                              Last edited by gadget73; 10-10-2013, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Anyone remember the name of those carburetor people who set up application-specific custom four-barrels for people? Supposedly their stuff could feed a zillion horsepower and still be extremely streetable courtesy of things like sharp calibration and annular boosters.

(And for those who didn't notice, the link is not for a FE but for a big inch Windsor. There's a guy on SBFtech who calls himself Woody who does that sort of thing at a shop near Chicago, IIRC.)
                                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
                                X