• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1985crownvicltd85 View Post
    where are you located?
    Niagara Falls area.

Comment

Mr.Bean you did a great job on the conversion keep up the fine work.

Comment

Absolutely phenomenal. Certainly suits the car given the nature of its build.

My Cars:
        -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
        -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
        -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
        -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Wow. That looks better than I imagined when you told me you wanted to go this route. I am really not fond of the box Vics from most angles, but this is working for me.

If the bumpers are in pristine condition...in fact if all of it is in pristine condition...I may be interested in collecting the take-offs from you. You're just far enough to make it kind of a difficult decision though. I did go to upstate NY to get my Mark VI header panel, though...

Current driver: Ranger
          Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
          | 88 TC | 91 GM
          Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
          Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
          | Junkyards

Comment

You did an outstanding job !!

Comment

Looks really good! Great job on the conversion. It's a shame Ford didn't continue the tudors after the late 80s design update. Looks badass.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Great job as others have said! I've always thought the Fords had the better front & rear. You didn't waste any time on that. If that was mine, I'd have collected the parts and they would have sat for at least eight months..
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

That sure looks factory. Great job. I totally agree with Slack. They should have continued the Tudor. Imagine the CV or GM 'Marauder' in a tudor…
                  All FORD All The Time

Comment

Looks excellent. I find the '88-'91 fascias to be much better looking than the earlier cars.
                    —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
                    1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
                    1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
                    1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

that looks totally slick. love a good resto-mod and this ride doesnt disappoint!

heres a twist... debage the ford emblems and replace them with Mercury logos? thatd be wild right? a 2 door merc, turned crown vic, but rebadged as a Merc again.
                      Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
                      Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
                      Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Dang dude. That's actually really nice.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Wow, looks great. What a car.
                          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                          Past Panthers
                          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Figured I'd give you guys an update on the car. The engine started ticking some time last year. When I did an oil change last fall I saw a bunch of metal dust in the oil. I didn't drive the car much this year, took it to a couple of car shows and that's it. Engine was still ticking. I suspected a rod bearing. Last weekend I dropped the pan and found a bunch of metal shavings in the oil pick up tube and saw a shaving on one of the main bearings. I suspect that's what is gone on the car. Looks like this 5.4 is toast. Not sure if it's worth trying to replace all the bearings or just get another motor.

If I end up going with another motor I am not sure if I want to stick with a 5.4 or go for something else. I've thought about Coyote, 6.2, 4.6 4v or going back to SBF. I am leaning towards staying with modular power plant cause I want to keep my TR3650.

Comment

That sucks. If given the option for a coyote... I'd go with that... just because the aftermarket for it is rather packed with options.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              Originally posted by gadget73
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Coyotes seem to be the popular choice nowadays. I don't see too many 6.2L Raptor swaps. I have no clue what transmissions are in those things; and even less on how to get an engine like that running. That would be neat though. Either way, it's gonna be $$$$$$$

Comment

Working...
                                X