PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647

Thread: Mod Box - 85' Grand Marquis

Looks really good! Great job on the conversion. It's a shame Ford didn't continue the tudors after the late 80s design update. Looks badass.

Great job as others have said! I've always thought the Fords had the better front & rear. You didn't waste any time on that. If that was mine, I'd have collected the parts and they would have sat for at least eight months..
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

That sure looks factory. Great job. I totally agree with Slack. They should have continued the Tudor. Imagine the CV or GM 'Marauder' in a tudor…
    All FORD All The Time

Looks excellent. I find the '88-'91 fascias to be much better looking than the earlier cars.
    —John

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019)
    1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
    1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Ford Fullsize For Life! marquis_82_withneons's Avatar

that looks totally slick. love a good resto-mod and this ride doesnt disappoint!

heres a twist... debage the ford emblems and replace them with Mercury logos? thatd be wild right? a 2 door merc, turned crown vic, but rebadged as a Merc again.
    Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
    Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
    Daily Rice - Blue 1987 Plymouth Horizon - 2.2L 147K, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, BORLA #workbeater

Dang dude. That's actually really nice.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

I post a lot...

Wow, looks great. What a car.
    2017 Buick Enclave 3.6 (Burgundy/Beige)
    2017 Hyundai Elantra SE w/tech (Silver/Grey)
    2019 Volvo S60 Inscription (Crystal White / Blond)
    Past Panthers
    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Quote Originally Posted by Lincolnmania View Post
    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Hobbit

Figured I'd give you guys an update on the car. The engine started ticking some time last year. When I did an oil change last fall I saw a bunch of metal dust in the oil. I didn't drive the car much this year, took it to a couple of car shows and that's it. Engine was still ticking. I suspected a rod bearing. Last weekend I dropped the pan and found a bunch of metal shavings in the oil pick up tube and saw a shaving on one of the main bearings. I suspect that's what is gone on the car. Looks like this 5.4 is toast. Not sure if it's worth trying to replace all the bearings or just get another motor.

If I end up going with another motor I am not sure if I want to stick with a 5.4 or go for something else. I've thought about Coyote, 6.2, 4.6 4v or going back to SBF. I am leaning towards staying with modular power plant cause I want to keep my TR3650.

That sucks. If given the option for a coyote... I'd go with that... just because the aftermarket for it is rather packed with options.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein

Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar

Coyotes seem to be the popular choice nowadays. I don't see too many 6.2L Raptor swaps. I have no clue what transmissions are in those things; and even less on how to get an engine like that running. That would be neat though. Either way, it's gonna be $$$$$$$

Hobbit

My suspicions have been confirmed.

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuu......

Ouch!

'10 Escape LTD. V6 AWD, K&N, Bullitt wheels.

‘87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

'91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, 'Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Good luck with whatever option you may choose.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Ford Fullsize For Life! marquis_82_withneons's Avatar

i for one vote to rebuild it! but then i suppose if you gotta pull it.. why not have a coyote in there...
    Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
    Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
    Daily Rice - Blue 1987 Plymouth Horizon - 2.2L 147K, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, BORLA #workbeater

Bummer to see your engine troubles! Your build has been hugely motivating to me, I'm planning on mimicking it to an extent, as far as the frame swap anyway.
    I'm about certain I saw your car at Roadkill Nights a couple years ago on Woodward? I didn't get to see it run as that event is always a complete clusterf*ck when you're racing...
    If i were you, I'd put a coyote in it; the potential from the factory engine is tough to beat! I've got a built 32v 5.4 with twins to go in mine but if i didn't already have the engine built I'd most certainly go the route of the coyote. Good luck with the rebuild! I imagine I'll be bothering you at some point in the future.
    Current Fleet:
    2011 F150 Harley 6.2L with 2.9L Whipple
    2009 G8 GT LS3 with LSA on E85
    2004 MB CL600 Bi-Turbo V12 (For Sale)
    1979 Ford LTD 302...

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647