No announcement yet.

Mod Box - 85' Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love it or hate it this is happening. Removed 3.5 cm section on each side of the bumper. This is just a mock up as I still need to weld it all up. I plan on welding up all the molding holes as well. As far as depth goes, I might bring it out some, will figure it out later on.

Comment

Finally, one of these that the bumper fits correctly on. I really do not care for the stock calf-catcher design. It always looked like someone fucked up reading the prints when they made the metal stamp, and by the time someone realized it was too late to fix so it rode for 8 years. Lincoln only ignored it for 5 at least. Its probably the single biggest reason I prefer the 88+ models.

Now it just needs something to fill the gap between the bumper and fender.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        Stock filler pieces still fit, just need a little trimming. I didn't put them on for the mock up pics.

Comment

+1 fits!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            Finally, one of these that the bumper fits correctly on. I really do not care for the stock calf-catcher design. It always looked like someone fucked up reading the prints when they made the metal stamp, and by the time someone realized it was too late to fix so it rode for 8 years. Lincoln only ignored it for 5 at least. Its probably the single biggest reason I prefer the 88+ models.

Honestly on the fence here. Always kinda liked the boxy boxes because they look a bit wrong, although I must admit I'm not a huge fan of the tudors so way off here. I think the finished result with everything cleaned up in place will look good, but appreciate how beefy the early boxes look with bigass silly bumpers. It'd be a nightmare for me parallel parking every day though. I'd probably rip off a bunch of dumbass camry bumper covers and shit.

Beautiful job on the door panels Bean, i'm jealous in just about every possible way. I not only have no time and little skill for such things, but also a severe lack of patience. You must be a saint. Probably don't even yell at your kids.

Comment

Man I love the custom door panels! Looks great!

Comment

Shrunken down! Does not look bad.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Bumper looks good in mockup form. The bumper "peak" seems to line up well with the corner light "peak". Let that be your final guide.

Alex.

Comment

Having some fun with photoshop.

Comment

Been reading this thread (not the whole thing yet)...I have a built 4.6 DOHC sitting in storage, big supercharger etc. I have been thinking about putting it in my 84 wagon...I see you did a 2 valve 4.6, do you think a 4 valve would fit or would it have clearance issues? I can't tell if things like upper control arms, evaporator box, steering shaft and wiper box would clear the 4.6 DOHC. any thoughts?
                      1984 Mercury Colony Park Wagon - gone to the darkside. 5.3 LS Turbo Swap with 4L80E. 6.62@106 in the 1/8 mile (low 10's in the 1/4), full weight, AC, no compromises! Rocky Mountain Race Week 2020 and Race Week 2.0 2020

Comment

4.6 DOHC came in Marauders so it will fit a box since under hood dimensions didn't change much. You will probably have to swap out the brake booster for a smaller one to clear the valve cover though.

Comment

ok. Did you have the mod or change the evap box for your 2 valve swap? I think control arms are interchangeable from Aero (at least early Aero) to Box if that's an issue? wiper box is definitely smaller on the newer cars and I can't even see the motor on the marauder in pics I am looking at! Wonder where they hid it...
                          1984 Mercury Colony Park Wagon - gone to the darkside. 5.3 LS Turbo Swap with 4L80E. 6.62@106 in the 1/8 mile (low 10's in the 1/4), full weight, AC, no compromises! Rocky Mountain Race Week 2020 and Race Week 2.0 2020

Comment

I swapped to Aero evap box when I did the 2v because it looked to be in better shape and had a cut out for blower motor resistor. It's basically same as a box one though so no changes are required. I did mod the evap for 5.4 DOHC.

Box wiper box fits fine with 2v. I had to remove wiper box when I went to 5.4 DOHC.

Comment

Holy crap, I kept reading and saw you dropped in the 5.4! very cool. So no working wipers as your car sits currently?

Comment

Nope. Haven't been able to figure out a wiper solution yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X