No announcement yet.

Mod Box - 85' Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Box has been neglected since October or so. Today I finally got off my ass and installed "French" high beams because I wasn't feeling dual projector setup. Being yellow they also help to break up the monotone front end.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180311_152707.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	1283164

If anyone wants a set of projectors I can build you one. They will be bi-xenon so technically your high beam sealed beams can be eliminated completely or turned into air intakes or whatever.

Comment

You should move to Quebec to go with the yellow lenses. Are they proper selective yellow fogs, or just yellow?
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

They are just yellow.

Comment

All I see is a giant shelf.

Drive her! Looking good.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
            If anyone wants a set of projectors I can build you one. They will be bi-xenon so technically your high beam sealed beams can be eliminated completely or turned into air intakes or whatever.
            Have you built bixenon 4x6's?
            1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by BlackVic_P71 View Post
              Have you built bixenon 4x6's?
              Yup, that's what I have in there now. Used Dapper Lightning lights as the base. Ripped their projectors out and put Morimoto minis in there. They basically pop right in with almost not mods necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                All I see is a giant shelf.

Drive her! Looking good.
                X2 on this, after all that work it becomes a package tray!
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                  X2 on this, after all that work it becomes a package tray!
                  Come your tits, gentlemen. It's winter in Canada. I am not driving it in salt.

Comment

I'm diggin the look of the amber lights.

Comment

I found this thread when researching for a similar project (89 marquis wagon on an 03 interceptor frame), and I have 2 questions: 1st, any advice for someone looking to embark on a similar journey? And 2nd, is there anything you know now about this project that you wish you knew when you started it?

Comment

Wheelbase is longer on the wagon than the sedan, just thought you should know.

Comment

Same wheel base. It's longer out back though so the frame will need to be cut and extended.

Some frame discussion here,
                          http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Frame-Lenghts

If I had to do it again I would've kept stock dash and not mod the firewall.
                          Last edited by Mr Bean; 03-12-2018, 11:45 PM.

Comment

I did find that they were the same wheelbase after scouring Wikipedia for dimensions and I have downloaded some diagrams, but haven’t really started comparing measurements. I should only have to extend the tail end of the frame for support and bumper purposes, right? If so, do you recall there being enough similarities between the frames to use the wagon frame for this purpose? I appreciate the heads up on the dash, as I was considering taking a similar path that you took.

Comment

Rear of the frame is pretty much the same all the way to 2011 so you can chop off the back of the new frame and weld a section of your old frame in its place.

Comment

Rubber impact strips were starting to piss me off because one of them was peeling so off they go along with the push guards. I have a plan for eliminating the holes, will post an update once that's complete. I relocated the license plate to the center as well because I am OCD like that. No, I didn't drill another hole in the middle of the bumper. It's held in place on the bottom securely enough that another hole wasn't needed.

Comment

Working...
                                X