X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a spare.
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

looks great serege i know you will fun with this one

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
      302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
      k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
        would probably be easier with some lincoln coupe door panels, but yes, this will get watched closely.
        That's an excellent idea - Mark VIII door panels would look "right" with an aero/whale interior.
        RyPow
        1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX sedan - The "Sand Box" - 73K, towing package
        1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
        1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, 102k, daily driver
        2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, 115k, winter beats
        1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car, 42k
        2012 F-150 5.0L 4x4, HD payload pkg (towing/hauling)
        2015 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD (better half's)

Comment

I am slowly making progress on the car (weather permitting).

I took the nose off and yanked out the drivetrain. I figured it would be easier to pull them with entire nose removed which it was. Having virtually no rust on the car was a huge bonus as every singe bolt and nut came off without an issue.

302 mounts had to come off and thanks to Ford that meant taking apart the suspension so I can access the bolts. Suspension is getting replaced anyway so no loss there. I pulled plastic inner fenders while I was there too.

The springs are now gone and have been replaced by wooden blocks.

Also, I took the front bumper apart as it was hit on one side by previous owner and bumper reinforcement was slightly caved in. I managed to straighten it out with a help of a shop press. Gotta love having all the fancy tools for the job.

I really wish I had a welder...some day I hope.

I guess I am parking second car outside for a while.

I am having second thoughts about replacing the interior with a modern one especially after weighing the dash. New style dash weights a ton and with airbags and everything else it would bring the weight of the car up quite a bit. I am considering leaving the classic dash shell as it and replacing all the accessories with modern equipment. EATC, stereo, instrument cluster, etc.

Also if someone has a lead on complete LX Sport/Marauder center console with floor shifter, please let me know. That is one thing that I want to install in this car.
          Last edited by Mr Bean; 12-18-2013, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Looks like good progress. Looks like you lucked out on a solid car. Look forward to more pics!

Also, do you plan to keep the lower shiny trim? Do those pieces shine well?
            Last edited by marquisman; 12-18-2013, 10:40 PM.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Lower trim will more than likely stay. I am not a fan of filling in holes. I haven't tried to shine up any of the chrome on the car but I imagine it will shine up nicely.

Comment

You have a PM regarding console.

Comment

wow... that is amazingly rust free. Even more so than any of mine.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Nice purchase!!! Do what you like with the car. We have only 1 successful 4.6 box swap to my knowledge. Think the username is NJ4ParkwayRacer or something like that. I'll look for the thread if you need a reference.

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...eturned!/page4

Packman
                    Last edited by packman; 12-19-2013, 04:50 PM.

Comment

nice work hope you clean and paint the engine compartment

Comment

You mentioned about updating the taillights. I have an '88 marquis parts car that is in tact right now. Let me know if you need anything.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

So it's been on the cold side here in Southern Ontario so I haven't had much interest in working on the car outside. I picked up a set of electric power mirrors from a junkyard so I've been messing around modernizing them. First I took them apart, derustified all the screws and painted plastic surrounds. Then I lubed up the insides and resealed the motor housings.

I had a set of Muth signal mirrors on the 96' so I ripped them out and modded them to fit the box.

Do you guys know if any of the box bodies used same type of mirror glass as found in Aeros and Whales? Aero and Whale glass are more transparent than box glass and are able to let more light shine through. So far what I ended up doing is cutting a Whale mirror glass to fit a box housing and installed Muth LED module behind it.
                          Last edited by Mr Bean; 12-26-2013, 09:56 PM.

Comment

It was warm out today so I worked on the car a little. Yanked the driveshaft and exhaust out. Also managed to sell stock motor and tranny so now I got some extra space in the garage and some moneys to pay for parts for this car.

Comment

That thing is clean underneath. Repainting the top or the whole car?
                              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                                That thing is clean underneath. Repainting the top or the whole car?
                                I have no idea what color it was painted so probably the whole car.

Comment

Working...
                                X