Mod Box - 85' Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will look good.

I like that only people who know about these cars will know that was never an option.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I’d rather it be an 88-91 Marquis rear... but agree it will look good.

On another forum I frequent whenever Panthers come up I’m the go to lol.
      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
      Past Panthers
      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

If you happen to desire the mercury route. I have the whole front clip from my 88. And rear lights trims and such. Basically all the parts to make 88-91 body
        Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
        Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
        Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Ooh this is exciting...i want to see how this turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by marquis_82_withneons View Post
            If you happen to desire the mercury route. I have the whole front clip from my 88. And rear lights trims and such. Basically all the parts to make 88-91 body
            Thanks for the offer. If you look back in this thread I've actually experimented with the Mercury parts but ultimately came to the conclusion that I prefer the way Vic looks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
              Thanks for the offer. If you look back in this thread I've actually experimented with the Mercury parts but ultimately came to the conclusion that I prefer the way Vic looks.
              I like the later grand marquis, but not that god awful rubber trim that runs on the fenders and bumpers. But that's easily remedied by running 88 Crown Vic bumpers and bumper fillers.

Though it's your car. And whatever you end up doing, it'll look great when you're done with it.

Comment

I agree with tjc78; I like the '88-'91 MGM rears myself. Or if you want to do an '80s version of the Marauder, do a box CV rear. That's just me and my lack of artistic vision.

I can't wait to see the results

Comment

No going back now. If anyone wants any of the old parts let me know before I scrap them.

Comment

Another "one off" by you. I like it a bunch.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

nice job!

Comment

also how much did you want for both bumpers?

Comment

Got plans to go Ford on the wheel centers and steering wheel? I think the centers may be common to several Ford wheels of that era.
                          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Sweet!

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Originally posted by 1985crownvicltd85 View Post
                              also how much did you want for both bumpers?
                              If you pick them up 50 bucks for the pair.

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                              Got plans to go Ford on the wheel centers and steering wheel? I think the centers may be common to several Ford wheels of that era.
                              I want to eventually replace the wheels with 18" Bullitts so center caps will get swapped along with that. As far as steering wheel goes I'd like to at some point get a Cobra 10th anniversary wheel but those goes for ridiculous prices nowadays. Either that or swap to 06+ wheel which is what I wanted to do in the very beginning of the project but chickened out due to wiring.

Last edited by Mr Bean; 07-07-2019, 06:57 PM.

Comment

where are you located?

Comment

Working...
                                X