Mod Box - 85' Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oooo shiny

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Looks good serge

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
      302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
      k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Spent today pulling the old motor. What a pain in the deek that was.

Comment

Can't wait to see how well that humongous wide thing fits in there.

Because holy fuck a navi motor is wide!
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

It fits. Brake booster rubs so will need to swap for a smaller unit. Evap housing will need to be heavily modded. Wiper cowl will need to be chopped off on the bottom. No idea what I am doing for headers. Probably gonna try Mustang long tubes.

Comment

tight fits require good massaging.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I haven't posted any updates in a while but the car is almost done. It runs and drives and we are currently working on the tune.

Comment

neat

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                  160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                  waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Interesting "wiper box mod".

Looks great mang!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Marquis GT View Post
                      Interesting "wiper box mod".

Looks great mang!
                      HA! Speaking of which, any suggestions how I can make wipers work? Do they make micro windshield wiper motors or am I stuck using Rain X? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                        HA! Speaking of which, any suggestions how I can make wipers work? Do they make micro windshield wiper motors or am I stuck using Rain X? lol
                        I was thinking the exact same thing while I was posting that.

What about something like this? I know some people online talk about actually running a wiper motor under the dash, of all places...

http://www.hotrodhardware.com/index....83/prd2583.htm

http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/look...or-146331.html

Comment

Wipers aside (as I have nothing useful to suggest there), what did you do with the EVAP core plenum? Any close-up pictures?
                          The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                          The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

I had fun chopping the evap housing and the bottom of the wiper housing. The booster didn't get in my way though. Tight but doesn't hit!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0079.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	1280479
                            sigpic
                            89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
                            13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
                            "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
                              Wipers aside (as I have nothing useful to suggest there), what did you do with the EVAP core plenum? Any close-up pictures?
                              I ended up cutting and plastic welding it. Then followed with some fiberglass filler and topped off with VHT wrinkle paint.

Comment

Wow!!! I will go back and reread this, but did you put different cams in the Navi engine or is it stock? Otherwise, your project is making me want to do that to my MGM. LOL

Packman

Comment

Working...
                                X