No announcement yet.

Mod Box - 85' Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The seats were originally in my 96' which was prewired for power. It was just a matter of locating a new door panel or just the door panel trim piece with buttons. I honestly don't remember why I converted it to manual. Maybe because I didn't want to find a door panel, who knows. Since the wiring harness swapped over from the 96' the box is also prewired for passenger power seat. If I really wanted to I suppose I could locate a couple of buttons and a power seat track and convert it back to power.

Comment

Some more pics. I fabbed up Whale seatbelt brackets today and installed them in the car.

For anyone wondering it does have a back seat.

And a shot of the engine that's been slowly getting covered in dust. lol

Also, would someone have a spare trim piece outlined in red in the pic below they could sell me? I am missing one.

Last edited by Mr Bean; 09-14-2014, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Commendable effort!

I love seeing a high profile build on here. You've done an awesome job!
        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Thanks.

I ordered some new fabric to redo the headliner. Can't wait for that to get here so I can finish it off.

Comment

The lowly open diff is out.

Comment

I have one of those sitting in a box. Was originally out of my 88.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Headliner is redone and installed along with Whale visors and dome lamp.

Comment

How do the seats tilt forward for rear seat access?

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2
                  Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
                    How do the seats tilt forward for rear seat access?

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2
                    They don't. They do slide forward pretty far so the rear passengers can still get in and out but it's not ideal. 99% of the time I don't have anyone in the back so I am not too worried about it.

Comment

holy crap, what rock was i under to miss this thread!
                      excellent work man!
                      i may have piece you are looking for, i gotta dig.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

did you have to do any drilling to get the newer visors in or did the holes line up with two of the existing box holes on the outer edge?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                          did you have to do any drilling to get the newer visors in or did the holes line up with two of the existing box holes on the outer edge?
                          Center holes lined up but I had to drill new screw holes.

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                          holy crap, what rock was i under to miss this thread!
                          excellent work man!
                          i may have piece you are looking for, i gotta dig.
                          Thanks. I actually managed to locate the plastic trim piece but I am missing one of the chrome door sills from the passenger side.

Comment

Finished up my pass side door switches today.

Comment

Love it. Looks factory, but not.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                                Love it. Looks factory, but not.
                                This.

Your quality of worksmanship is insane. Making every single little thing fit and function like it was factory is a lot harder than I make it sound. Even though people say these cars didn't change much from 1979 to 2011, that statement's accuracy depends on how closely you look for changes. If by "didn't change much" refers to full size BOF construction and V8 power across the board, than sure. But god forbid they increase the magnification. Even just the motor alone, there are dozens of changes, from big (carb to CFI to SEFI) to small (3 bolt starter in '92 to 4 bolt starter in '93 or '94, etc.).

Hope to see her in person at STAP next year!
                                Last edited by Hearsesrock427; 09-22-2014, 11:39 PM. Reason: Added some context.
                                '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                                '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                                '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Working...
                                X