No announcement yet.

Mod Box - 85' Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any plans to take it autocrossing or such? I'm betting a lot of people would love it.

2003 Crown Vic HPP- 3.27s. Dual exhaust. 11.25" torque converter, Arnott Limo Duty HPP-rate rear air springs. 205,xxx miles. (Stolen by the old man)
    1995 Impala SS- 28,293 miles. The Lovely Lady
    2003 BMW 325i- 113,xxx miles. KYB ZHP(M)-spec struts, Rear M3 shocks, Exhaust butterfly valve delete, USB and Bluetooth playback with stock head unit, Projector Retrofitted lights, Euro-convex mirrors, slotted-not drilled rotors all around.

Comment

Looks great.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
        I have mixed feelings about the chin spoiler. I will know if if I like it once it's painted black. ...
        It should look fine when painted black.

I still say you need a monster stereo for a ride like that.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
        mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

Autocrossing might happen some day. I am not really thinking that far ahead right now. Fixed a couple of the issues today after work.

Trimmed rear wheel arches so no more tire rub. Found out one of the tail pipes was also rubbing on the wheel so refuckulated that tonight too. Tomorrow I will be picking up paint and supplies and will also take a look at the fuel filler problem.

I also found window seals that I ordered last year so that should be a good day as I really need them.
          Last edited by Mr Bean; 05-07-2015, 10:13 PM.

Comment

I'd say road racing.

Goddamnit I love the look of a slick top, black coupe.

Alright.. Time to find my own 02 frame...

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
            The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
            It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

It's an 07' frame actually. 02' frame is still old style without rack and pinion. They went to new frame in 03'.

Today I've been dicking around with the fuel fill issue. Dropped the tank, checked all the lines to make sure they aren't blocked. Checked the valve that plugs into the tank, it appears to be ok. The only thing I can thing of is the Evaporative Emission Tube Shut Off Valve which is the black puck looking thing that sits on top of the tank. I don't think it's the evap canister because I disconnected the line going to it completely and it still won't take fuel.

Now looking at the older gas tank from a 94' I see there is only a single valve which plugs into the tank. It doesn't have the puck which my 96' tank had.

This is how the vacuum lines are routed to the puck. The center line goes to the valve that's inserted into the tank.

Any idea if I can just scrap the puck entirely?

(second pic wasn't showing up, fixed it - Sly)
              Last edited by sly; 05-08-2015, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Did you test that single port valve that's on top of this tank? Typically that's the bugger that clogs up and won't let the tank vent to the canister. It's job is to seal off in case of a roll over or severe handling to prevent liquid fuel from entering the EVAP system. It should allow air passage from the tank but not liquid. If it's just clogged up, it'll be what's keeping you from filling the tank probably.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I ended up ripping the puck out and running a hose from the single port valve directly to evap and all is well now.

Comment

so the puck was the clog.

This is one of those cases I think that keeping it simple might be the best option. Less BS.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

It begins.

Comment

Also, anyone know where to get a window seal for the one rail against vent window? It is a smaller seal than the rest of the window.

Comment

I used the same piece for the entire window run channel. Click my signature pic and then find out what I used. It is a snug fit around the vent area but perfect everywhere else.
                          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I tried using same window channel but it's physically larger than what was there for OEM. It just doesn't fit into the channel all the way.

Comment

Correct it sticks out a little bit. I am happy with one solid piece around the entire window so I settled for that.
                              ~David~

Comment

Old paint removal is complete. Some minor body work is also complete. Tomorrow I am hoping to lay down some primer.

Comment

Working...
                                X