PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Mod Box - 85' Grand Marquis

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

heh, *empty space*, that "other" car.

Thats actually why I tend to find Ford things boring. Its mostly all Mustangs, and maybe a scant handful of other models that all get lumped into the "and that other stuff Ford made" category.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Hobbit

The first pic is at preshow. We just met up at Timmys so we could all cruise together. As for the show itself, this was as a Mustang performance shop so no surprise that it was mostly Mustangs. Last Ford show that I went to had all kinds of Fords, not only Mustangs.

I don't get bored with Mustangs, because of all the different things you can do with them. I like when guys build up a Mustang II, personally I think they look cool, kinda like the same vintage Ford Falcon, although the Maverick is more similar.

Quote Originally Posted by 88Vic View Post
    I don't get bored with Mustangs, because of all the different things you can do with them. I like when guys build up a Mustang II, personally I think they look cool, kinda like the same vintage Ford Falcon, although the Maverick is more similar.
    I agree, I love Mustangs.

Also I love how ModBox is away from everyone else LOL

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 2wd - Magnaflow Axleback exhaust, K&N 63 Series CAI, DiabloSport 87 Octane tune, LEDs, 3000K LED projector fogs, 5000K Mini H1 projectors - Daily
    1967 Ford Galaxie 500 Sedan "C-Code" - 289 2bbl/Cruise-O-Matic - Money pit/project

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

I find them useful as parts cars. Otherwise, they have way too much "me too" factor. Don't get the point of them. They're not particularly comfortable to drive and the suspension sucks. I don't understand Jeeps either, but people like those too.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

yeah... my wife loves the idea of a jeep wrangler/rubicon... but I'm sure once she actually drives one and sees how truck they are, she'll rather have something else. I also don't care for stangs due to the stiff ride. My back loves my vic and LX seats with lumbar support.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Mustang is just the cheapest way to go fast, be pretty, and have a v8.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Hobbit

Mod Box is officially parked for the winter. I ripped the blower off again last weekend and this time it's staying off permanently. I already sold a few parts off it.

Today ordered a set of 5 speed pedals from Pier so 5 speed will be going in come spring time. Maybe sooner if we have warm winter. I also placed and order on Australian Boss 260 intake so DOHC 5.4 swap will be happening as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bean View Post
    Mod Box is officially parked for the winter. I ripped the blower off again last weekend and this time it's staying off permanently. I already sold a few parts off it.

Today ordered a set of 5 speed pedals from Pier so 5 speed will be going in come spring time. Maybe sooner if we have warm winter. I also placed and order on Australian Boss 260 intake so DOHC 5.4 swap will be happening as well.
    DOHC 5.4. That's gonna be interesting, for sure.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Quote Originally Posted by SVT98t View Post
    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Interesting...a pioneering pioneer
    1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

gonna need some stronger springs up front... or are you using an aluminum block?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein

I think a blown DOHC 5.4 with 5spd in that car would be killer, needs to happen.
    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Hobbit

5.4 DOHC is only about 40 pounds heavier than 4.6 SOHC. With blower, intercooler and all the pipes my 4.6 was probably weighting just as much if not more than the 5.4. I am already running Moog variable rate coils in the front so I should be ok. 5 speed also weights less than auto so I might actually drop the weight when all is said and done. haha

As much as I like the sound of a blown 5.4 I am sticking with na. It should still be good for about 400 RWHP which will make me more than happy.
    Last edited by Mr Bean; 11-18-2015 at 09:40 PM.

Looking forward to the show and tell.

Serge builds what most of us only dream about. Myself included.
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

I wanna build a supercharged coyote panther.

I want a Procharged Coyote Fox Body, preferably notchback. I'd fully cage it, otherwise I'd probably kill myself in it.

Still, DOHC 5.4 build is gonna rock. On that note, does anyone have info on what was done to the DOHC 5.4 for use in the 2000 Cobra R? Those had nearly the power of the Terminator but n/a. I don't think I could resist throwing a blower on it if I had one, make a GT500 powerplant out of it.

Hobbit

Cobra Rs had better flowing heads, different cams, forged everything, different compression ratio and different intake. A Navi motor with C heads and Aussie intake should come close to making similar numbers.

I wish Ford had upgraded the 4V 5.4 and continued it's used in the Navigator, the Coyote is proof that 4V heads have more potential than 3V. They could have easily squeezed another 50hp/tq out of it, they thought it was good enough for the Shelby, not to mention the GT.

Going all in with the mod box. Mod box keeps getting better.

Alex.

Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast