No announcement yet.

Mod Box - 85' Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't sure about the modern interior to start with, but god that's sexy. Especially love the balance struck with the door panel work.

How are you liking the LED headlights now that you have some miles with them?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Headlights are actually HIDs. Honestly I only drove with them one night and they were misaligned so they were lighting up low flying UFOs. lol

Comment

Unf
        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

You have created an absolutely stunning machine.

My Cars:
            -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
            -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
            -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
            -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

What a beautiful car. You have done a wonderful job! You should be proud of all the hard work you have put in. I hope you win a bunch of awards at car shows! It looks great, looking forward to more updates.

Comment

Something to be proud of, that's for sure! Looks really great.
                2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                Past Panthers
                1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Is your dashboard actually solid, or does it retain that charismatic "flop" when going over bumps that stock box dashboards have? Not sure how I feel about a box that doesn't seem like the dashboard is going to fall into your lap. Its one of their more endearing traits.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The dashboard is as solid as can be. The whole interior feels pretty solid, there are no rattles or squeaks. I do hear some sort of a creaking or popping sound coming from right front that I can't quite figure out. I am thinking possibly my battery which isn't fully secured.

Comment

Damn! Your car looks awesome!

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                      Is your dashboard actually solid, or does it retain that charismatic "flop" when going over bumps that stock box dashboards have? Not sure how I feel about a box that doesn't seem like the dashboard is going to fall into your lap. Its one of their more endearing traits.
                      Good to know it's not just mine!

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

oh yeah... my 93 has that "flop"... even worse than the 88. The 2000 doesn't though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Amazing car.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                            oh yeah... my 93 has that "flop"... even worse than the 88. The 2000 doesn't though.
                            The whales actually seem to be pretty danged solid, doors and everything. I was actually quite impressed with it for a newer car.

sigpic
                            - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Question: legally, is that car still registered an 85 model, just because of the body? Most of the car now is an 06 or whatever year the donor car was, can't remember. Do you have inspection, and if so how does that [lay out when they see the interior and engine are 20 years newer than the rest?
                              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

VIN goes with the body, it's an 85'

Don't know if he has inspections. I doubt anyone would care if it smogged cleaner than the 1985 5.0L

Comment

Working...
                                X