No announcement yet.

Mod Box - 85' Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds like the clog (or excess oil at the time?) is in the hose from the dryer to the compressor... or the low port on the compressor.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

there is something about setting the gap between the clutch plate and the drive plate. If its too far, it will not pull in and operate, or it may just let the compressor slip and barely work. If you've got voltage to the clutch coil, that sounds like the issue. If no voltage, check the AC WOT relay, both pressure switches, and the relay on the board in the climate control unit itself. They apparently un-solder themselves sometimes and it won't give any power to the compressor.

If the compressor isn't actually spinning, pressure on both sides will be close to equal and it will go up together. If the compressor was engaging and you had 60 and 90, it sounds like the orifice tube is missing, or has a massive leak around it. Or the compressor just doesn't work.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I put the compressor back in the car tonight, didn't charge it up, just shorted out the 2 pressure sensors. Fired up the car and ended up with a huge puddle of oil on the floor. That's when I realized my supercharger oil feed was unhooked. FML! Anyway, hooked that up and cleaned up the mess then checked again and compressor was working. This is good news, no idea why it didn't work initially though... I also blew compressed air in all of the lines to make sure none were clogged. Could rusty clutch been the cause of all the problems?

Comment

might have been. The clutch is magnetic and rust doesn't help that function.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Works just like a manual transmission clutch really, if the pressure plate is all shitted up it won't grab properly. May have also been that the bit thats supposed to move had some rust sticking it, and when you pulled it apart that hunk broke out to allow it to work again.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I finally have working a/c! Evacuated the system and charged it up tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                Cruise and A/C? Basically a Towncar now

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 2wd - Magnaflow Axleback exhaust, K&N 63 Series CAI, DiabloSport 87 Octane tune, LEDs, 3000K LED projector fogs, 5000K Mini H1 projectors - Daily
                1967 Ford Galaxie 500 Sedan "C-Code" - 289 2bbl/Cruise-O-Matic - Money pit/project

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
                  mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

Was shuffling cars around the driveway, snapped this pic. Modern vs classic.

Comment

So nice.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Should throw some marauder badges on it, I'd say it's worthy.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                        The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                        It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

I still say you should 4v swap it, and throw that old 2v in the rauder.
                          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Keep it as they are, only Procharge the Marauder, and TKO, for both when the slushboxes go.
                            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Since my factory build sheet is a bit torn up, Photoshop to the rescue.

Still a work in progress but when it's done I should be able to print out a build sheet replica. If anyone else wants their reproduced, let me know. I should be able to print it on proper paper as well.

Comment

cool... if I knew what to put on mine, I'd just use that pic and fill in the spaces. Mine was absolutely shredded when I found it in the springs of the passenger seat. There wasn't much left and what was wasn't readable.

Never have found it on the 93. The only thing I haven't had out of that car is the carpet and dash. So I don't think the build sheet is still in that one.

Comment

Working...
                                X