No announcement yet.

Mod Box - 85' Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That pic is not a completed sheet, there is a bunch of stuff missing. Plus is a tiny resolution. The actual one I am making is hi def.

Comment

still looks better than the shredded POS I found in my car.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

The fun doesn't seem to end. Took the car to the Ford Stampede in Milton today and on the way back it started overheating. I didn't actually pay attention to the gauge on the way there but on the way back it was getting close to red. Not sure what's causing it. The faster I went the hotter it got. As soon as I slowed down to about 50 mph the temperature dropped to almost normal. Both rad fans were spinning normally. The only thing I can think of is air pocket in the system or thermostat stuck closed. When I did the a/c evap I had to disconnect the heater hoses so some air got in there. I figured it would've purged itself out but maybe not.

Comment

A little update on the car. The supercharger has been removed and is now for sale. The car is back to being naturally aspirated and I love it. Even though there is a loss of power when you punch it you just can't beat the feel and the sound of a naturally aspirated V8. Don't worry, the car won't stay low po for long. I have plans for it. More cubic inches and it will be staying naturally aspirated.

Here are a few pics from the Stampede.

Comment

That door trim....

There's no other rim size but 18" that looks right in the wheel wells of these cars.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
            The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
            It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Great photo spot.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Looks good.

Where is that place?
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Did you ever figure out the overheating issue?

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                    Did you ever figure out the overheating issue?
                    I am thinking it was an air bubble in the system. I've been driving it to and from work all last week and it's been fine.

Comment

I have spent over one hour reading this entire thread...................best reading I have done in years!!

Amazing!!........I am just floored, really!!

Comment

Cold weather & condensation

Originally posted by RyPow View Post
                        I did an oil change on the Sand Box about a month ago, and saw a little bit of the chocolate milk trickle out at the end when it was almost completely drained. I didn't pull valve covers but I'm sure they looked like yours underneath. That extreme winter we had produced a lot of unique conditions/scenarios and this seems like one of them. Get the block/heads colder than usual and I imagine it will sweat internally more than normal when the ambient temp comes back up.
                        Our extended family had 4 'boxes'; every one accumulated traces of 'milky' oil even w/ regular 5K oil/filter changes. Both of mine got a 205 deg thermostat almost immediately; problem solved & no overheating issue, even pulling. Look for a propane spec thermostat. JMO.

Comment

This is a great photo spot !! Your Mercury looks superb.

Comment

I think my overheating issue was due to 2 bad COPs. I had cylinder misfires. Since replacing the COPs the issue appears to have disappeared.

Anyway, I've seen a couple of guys using a paint pen to make the bumper strips look fancy. I did something similar today. I used a paint pen on the push guards and chrome duct tape on the strips. I think it turned out decent.

Comment

You watch RCR right?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

LOL yes.

Also,

Click image for larger version

Name:	qa63s.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	1278189

Comment

Working...
                                X