No announcement yet.

Mod Box - 85' Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gonna need some stronger springs up front... or are you using an aluminum block?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I think a blown DOHC 5.4 with 5spd in that car would be killer, needs to happen.
      88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
      Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

5.4 DOHC is only about 40 pounds heavier than 4.6 SOHC. With blower, intercooler and all the pipes my 4.6 was probably weighting just as much if not more than the 5.4. I am already running Moog variable rate coils in the front so I should be ok. 5 speed also weights less than auto so I might actually drop the weight when all is said and done. haha

As much as I like the sound of a blown 5.4 I am sticking with na. It should still be good for about 400 RWHP which will make me more than happy.
        Last edited by Mr Bean; 11-18-2015, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Looking forward to the show and tell.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Serge builds what most of us only dream about. Myself included.
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I wanna build a supercharged coyote panther.

Comment

I want a Procharged Coyote Fox Body, preferably notchback. I'd fully cage it, otherwise I'd probably kill myself in it.

Still, DOHC 5.4 build is gonna rock. On that note, does anyone have info on what was done to the DOHC 5.4 for use in the 2000 Cobra R? Those had nearly the power of the Terminator but n/a. I don't think I could resist throwing a blower on it if I had one, make a GT500 powerplant out of it.

Comment

Cobra Rs had better flowing heads, different cams, forged everything, different compression ratio and different intake. A Navi motor with C heads and Aussie intake should come close to making similar numbers.

Comment

I wish Ford had upgraded the 4V 5.4 and continued it's used in the Navigator, the Coyote is proof that 4V heads have more potential than 3V. They could have easily squeezed another 50hp/tq out of it, they thought it was good enough for the Shelby, not to mention the GT.

Comment

Going all in with the mod box. Mod box keeps getting better.

Alex.

Comment

Sold the blower today. That should cover the cost for a large chunk of this build. I am going to be looking at a Navigator on the weekend for a donor engine.

Comment

Saw a Navigator with a decent engine on the weekend but guy wouldn't bulge on the price so no go there.

I did order something from the land down under though which should be here hopefully when I am ready to put the motor together.

Click image for larger version

Name:	12309388_1706726736216997_565173580_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	1278526

Comment

oooo... shiny!

Comment

What was your fastest time on the 2v Vortech setup?
                              2008 Vortech Supercharged Crown Victoria
                              3.4" Pulley, 9 PSI. Awaiting Victor Jr, water-meth injection and 14PSI

Comment

Originally posted by Kay-Tar View Post
                                What was your fastest time on the 2v Vortech setup?
                                12.6 or 12.7, I don't recall. I am not concerned with quarter mile times, I just want a car that's fun to drive.

Comment

Working...
                                X