No announcement yet.

Mod Box - 85' Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picked up a pair of SN197 Mustang buckets last week as I was never happy with Marauder seats. Today I worked on installing the driver side. It was pretty straight forward. Had to remove factory brackets then fab up some new ones. No big deal.

And they fold forward allowing access to the rear seat.

Comment

That works. Whatcha gonna do with the 'rauder seats? Deck chairs?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
        That works. Whatcha gonna do with the 'rauder seats? Deck chairs?
        Not sure, might flip them or keep them for spares for the 03' when those wear out. There is also an option of putting them into the 91' but that's highly unlikely.

Comment

Looking right at home in there.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Love to see progress on this ride!

How often do you take it out for a spin?
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Serge copying my Ideas!

Not bad, I still don't really like the way they look in my car. They're still not really what I'm looking for but I plan to use mine for awhile at least.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
              The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
              It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Things are getting serious.

Comment

More chooch. Gonna put the wreedom spinners on that?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Navigator power!

I was amazed at how many of those I saw in the St. Louis yards.

Comment

I guess I haven't posted any updated in a while. This is what I've been up to. If all goes according to the plan I might start pulling the motor this weekend.

Anyone know a good place to source OEM bolts other than the dealer. I want to replace all the bolts that hold the timing cover in place as most have rusty heads. I thought about cleaning and painting them but won't look the same.

Comment

LMR? (though canadia shipping would probably suck... maybe ship to Zach or Ryan and take a jaunt across to pick them up?)

Comment

In the states we have a place called "Fastenal", but I don't know what you have up there.

Comment

Order them online from a hardware dealer. Maybe even McMaster Tool.

Glad to finally see an update on the forums.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                            The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                            It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Marquis GT View Post
                              In the states we have a place called "Fastenal", but I don't know what you have up there.
                              Fastenal exists here, they supply the place I work at with vending machines that have various tools and utensils in them.

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 2wd - Magnaflow Axleback exhaust, K&N 63 Series CAI, DiabloSport 87 Octane tune, LEDs, 3000K LED projector fogs, 5000K Mini H1 projectors - Daily
                              1967 Ford Galaxie 500 Sedan "C-Code" - 289 2bbl/Cruise-O-Matic - Money pit/project

Comment

I'll have to check those guys out.

The last couple of days I stripped and painted the valve covers. They were partially oxidized and peeling and I wanted to make them match the intake. I used VHT high temp wrinkle paint followed by a misting of Ford Corporate Blue. I think they came out alright. I plan to repaint the intake as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X