No announcement yet.

Box Panther package tray amplifier install DUW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAMN, that trunk is like a home away from home LOL, looks good Pete! I'm gonna relocate my spare as well soon I'm going to more that metal loop to the back wall of the lower sections. So the tire will stand virticaly in the back center of the trunk.

Comment

thanks!

yeah I was thinking about installing an eye bolt on that cubby to use the factory hold down in that spot... but first I need to figure out where the trunk is leaking water before I go put more holes in it
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Have a friend help you out. get in the trunk with a flash light and have them spay the hell out of it, then you can find it.

Comment

With the way I got my subs in my trunk, my tires sits straight up.

It also holds the toolbox in the back corner nice and secure when the trunk is closed, and on hard cornering...
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

My trunk is all play, hehe. I've got a squege, acetone, funnel, measuring cup, glass cleaner, spray wax, some cloths, a Ford Racing beach towel, tennis racket, pool Q, amp, and some misc. epergency spare parts. (that I thankfully have never had to use)

Comment

I moved my spare to where the mini spare normally sits against the extreme left of the trunk. Amp is fastened down to a board pretty much like Pete's (finally!). I ran the wires mostly the same, but I brought the power cable in through the kickwell on the passenger side. There was a grommet there already missing from something the previous owner did. I finally fixed the PO's crappy rear speaker wiring too. It now runs up under the seat like it should instead of across the package shelf and in through the 3rd brake light.

Currently my trunk has a bunch of junk in it again. X pipe, the subs, set of VC gaskets I found brand new in the junkyard, box of misc fluids, cleaners, and parts. I think I also have 3 or 4 towels in there from when I brought those LSC wheels home.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Check the corner of your trunk, in the lip area.. these are really bad about rusting out and then leaking... here is where mine was leaking...
                There is a body seam that runs from the back window down to the trunk opening. The seam is sealed with some body putty at the factory. After a while it cracks, water runs in, and well, you know the rest.... Mine had an oblong hole about one inch by three inches long... Also make sure you check BOTH sides... as they can both leak....

This is after I fixed the hole... After I cleaned the area out, (I used a wire wheel on my drill, and a grinding wheel to clean and grind out all the rust.) I sprayed ALOT of rust kill around the opening to make sure the rust was killed... (I did two coats of it) Then I used fiberglass to fix the hole...

after.... I wish I had taken a picture before....

After I got the trim back on, you can't even tell it was fixed, as it looks like it did before I started....

Use your hand and fell up under the lip of the trunk, for any rust thru.. Mine kept leaking and i couldn't figure out where it was coming from, until one day a large piece of rust fell out.... and was laying on the carpet. Another area of leaks that can pop up is around the tailights... They get loose, and start to leak. Check all the nuts on the backside of the light in the trunk, and make sure they are tight....

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
                Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

Looks kickass mang!
                  Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                  Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X