1989 TownCar 5.0 motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 TownCar 5.0 motor

I have a 1989 Lincoln Town car that was used for parts. I have an intact 5.0 with transmission for sale. It has ~75,000 miles and was driven by an elderly man who recently passed away. I bought the car with the intent of using body parts and have no need for the motor and trans. Now the motor ran great before i tore the body apart, however the transmission wouldn't grab in reverse, leading me to believe the ban was burned. I would like to get 600 for both but im up for offers. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have. Also the motor is still on the frame but has been covered to keep it outta the weather. Thanks please contact me via my email TAYLORENDICOTT@GMAIL.COM with header Lincoln Motor. Thanks again for looking. I just hated to scrape a good motor.

Good luck with your sale, and just curious as to what type of rims you have in your avatar?....they look sharp.

Comment

Still nobody interested in a 1989 TownCar motor and trans with ~75,000 miles?

Comment

boy I would if I could, to far though!
        "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
        -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
        -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
        -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

Considering the engine is the "lopo" or low power version and not the HO as used in the Mark VII/Mustang, you might have a hard time getting it sold. Might consider separating the engine and trans as the trans is a good core for rebuild as it's an 89+, and it has the longer tailshaft housing because Lincoln.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
          X