My "new" 1989 Country Squire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by purplebomb302 View Post
    Very nice! Whats with the diffrent plates? Old ny on back and new on front.
    Going to say some pics are from when he looked at the car or are from the previous owners. New plates are from when he now owns it.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      Going to say some pics are from when he looked at the car or are from the previous owners. New plates are from when he now owns it.
      1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

I think the Duraweave was most commonly seen in police cars and trucks and such. It didn't show up too much in family cars, though it makes good sense if you want something a little nicer than vinyl but still reasonably child compatible. You do not want velour or leather with kids. Its too much of a pain in the ass to clean.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by BlackVic_P71 View Post
          The guy was excited to tell me about the seats, it was the optional "duraweave" covering. I have the window sticker with everything listed.
          Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          I think the Duraweave was most commonly seen in police cars and trucks and such. It didn't show up too much in family cars, though it makes good sense if you want something a little nicer than vinyl but still reasonably child compatible. You do not want velour or leather with kids. Its too much of a pain in the ass to clean.
          Cool, I learned something new today. I always thought my winter wagon just had the cheap seats.
          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I guess I haven't stopped into this thread for a bit...
            The car currently has all exterior lighting LED, all interior lighting is LED.
            Of course it's got the sequential front signals, I couldn't just do normal

Even the headlights are LED.
            I currently have some Cobra wheels on it and just put a new headunit in this weekend, they make the new speakers sound much better.

I have things to do, this is just some of it.

I have some new front drop springs and shocks, new rear shocks are coming and I have drop springs for there as well.

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
              Beautiful car!

I know it sounds cliche but "they don't make 'em like that anymore"....and they never will again. Always nice to see one in such great condition.
              Couldn't have said it better myself. Definitley liking where you're taking this beast too. She'll be quick, and look the part with those blacked out Cobra rims! Them sequential lights are pretty slick too.
              '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
              '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
              '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

I had a long weekend so I figured I'd tackle the front suspension(I'm still waiting on a rear shock)
                Yesterday I started and found the source of a clunk

I gave up after breaking a few saw blades on the upper shock mount on the drivers side.
                I got mostly done today

I still have to get the passenger side back together but I'm taking tomorrow off to take my nephew to the NY Auto Show so I'll finish tuesday.

Comment

That will sure make a clunk.
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

They handle much better with functioning sway bars.
                    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

How are you liking the HD springs?

I'm loving mine in my CV. Firm but not abrasive is how I'd describe them.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

I haven't done the rear but the springs feel good up front, of course the functioning sway bar may be helping.

Sent from the crapper

Comment

So I had the broken air tube dealt with today, now the smog pump is pumping air to nowhere.
                          I'm not sure if I'll remove the pump now or later(when I swap the heads and do the exhaust) but I will try to route the belt around it to keep it quiet.

Comment

560K6 belt for just AC IIRC.

or 565k6

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                              560K6 belt for just AC IIRC.

or 565k6
                              I have the smog delete belt on the way, I'm putting both new belts on when it arrives.

Sent while running from the cops using Tapatalk

Comment

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                                Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X