Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does my heat/blower motor not blow hard sometimes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can all this be done with the Intake on? I have never had to do it so I am curious.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

pretty difficult to get at the ends of the coolant hose with the upper in place. One is in the back corner of the lower intake, the other is in the pipe between the passenger side valve cover and the bottom of the upper. Its not totally impossible to get in there, but its enough of a pain that its a lot easier to just remove the upper intake for access.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I did it without removing the upper. If you're patient and don't have huge hands, it can be done. My double jointed shoulders probably came in handy at some point, but I don't think that's a requirement. The biggest PITA is just getting the clamps back far enough on the hose to be able to start twisting it to break the seal (if it'll come off without cutting it off). Getting them back on is cake in comparison. Though I do think I did the lower intake port by feel.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I'm looking at this thread again to try to remember why I was having blower motor issues, and if I recall the last time it happened, it was due to low vacuum from a loose dipstick tube. I think it's occuring again, and I didn't even realize it. This is a never ending cycle. BTW, I don't have egr coolant lines.
          87' Lincoln Town Car Stars + Stripes. Explorer GT40P, Anderson B31 Cam, Shorty Headers, FRPP 1.6 Rockers, A9L, Sn95 T5 Trans, 3:55 Limited Slip, GNX Rear Springs, LSC Turbines, 1.5 wheelspacers, Full Custom Dual 2.5/Flowmasters, 00 P71 Airtube, 19lb calibrated Maf, Summit Alum Radiator, King Cobra Clutch, Short throw Shfter, Energy Susp Trans Mount,
          Mods to come: Big Brake/Poly Front Swap, PI Front Swaybar, Addco 650 Rear Swaybar, Boxed Upper Rear Control Arms, 351/Alum Heads, FRPP Valve Covers,

Comment

you should, unless they've been removed and aftermarket parts used.

Here's a pic of mine bypassed. That hose that's looped back, those are the two ports that carry coolant to/from the EGR spacer on the intake.

Attached Files

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
            X