No announcement yet.

96 c-1500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The tails I got on ebay. I think they were around $60.

My brakes are also spongy. I figured it was a GM thing since every rear drive GM I've ever owned has had spongy brakes. I had to put new springs on in the drums since one side broke on me. I don't think I adjusted them up enough. That may be your problem also.

'93 T-bird
    '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
    '88 Mark VII
    '86 CV

Comment

I'm sure mine just need a rebuild, I have never touched my rear brakes in the whole time i've owned the truck, almost 7 years.
      88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
      Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I would say it's definitely time for a rebuild.

'93 T-bird
        '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
        '88 Mark VII
        '86 CV

Comment

This happened last week saturday:

Some idiot thought he had the right of way pulling into a traffic circle. Apparently he didn't understand that you must yeild to all the traffic to the left when entering a traffic circle. Even the cop that was there filling out the accident report had to explain it to him more than once.

I'm pretty pissed about it as I didn't want to get another daily driver for the next couple years, but whatever. Since it was his fault his insurance took the blame and totaled out my truck. I got $4400 for it after buying it back for $250. Not the way I would've liked to get extra cash before xmas. Oh well.

It drives ok. Steering seems slightly tighter than before so I'm not sure if there's any frame damage or not. I thought about fixing it. You know putting the inner and outer fenders on, a bumper and a new grille. But the more I thought about it, the more depressed I got about it cause If there is any frame damage from it, it would be pointless to have put those things on there. That and it's now got a salvage on the title. So to me there's no point to putting the money into it.

So for now I'm gonna drive it till I find another truck to my liking. BAH!

'93 T-bird
          '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
          '88 Mark VII
          '86 CV

Comment

That sucks, have it inspected and see what kind of damage was done. Might just need a good hammer and a few new parts to make it drive like normal. If so, fix it on the cheap, keep on truckin' it and save money. From the pictures it doesn't look like a hard enough impact to bend the frame, more likely to be a bent control arm or maybe sway bar.

Comment

That fucking sucks. I want a short bed 5spd truck. I loved how it looked with the trim rings and black steelies! I'd say fix it up and keep driving it, it's still a great truck!

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
              The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
              It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

I'd have the alignment checked, if it's good and the frame looks straight, throw a fender/bumper/grille at it and keep it. It's a nice solid truck, and there's enough of them around I'm sure you can find the parts at m&m.
                2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I thought about getting the alignment checked on it. It's due for inspection in feb. so I may have it inspected sometime in january and have an alignment check done. There's not many trucks in the yard from what I've seen on their site. I've also thought about buying the parts and selling the truck and letting someone else deal with it. It would definitely make an excellent project especially if someone had a built small block or big block.

I'm still up in the air about it. After my shift leader at work saw the damage and asked about it we talked for a bit and he said he's looking to sell his avalanche and it peaked my interest. I guess he's one of those guys that hears a squeak and brings it to the dealer to get fixed. Original owner and stuff like that. If I bought it I wouldn't have to worry about fixing anything either. With the amount of receipts and a book he has dating when things were done to it with the receipts it's hard not to consider it. Gas mileage didn't deter me from not thinking of it. The Marq got 9 mpgs. I also work 4 miles from home. So that's not an issue.

I want to get it fixed but time is a factor as well. I'm gonna sit on it over the next month or so and see what I feel like doing. It's a tough decision cause I've grown so attached to it.
                  Last edited by purplebomb302; 12-16-2014, 03:27 AM.

'93 T-bird
                  '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                  '88 Mark VII
                  '86 CV

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
                    That fucking sucks. I want a short bed 5spd truck. I loved how it looked with the trim rings and black steelies! I'd say fix it up and keep driving it, it's still a great truck!
                    I'd sell if you wanted to buy it.

'93 T-bird
                    '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                    '88 Mark VII
                    '86 CV

Comment

Originally posted by purplebomb302 View Post
                      I'd sell if you wanted to buy it.
                      I'm a V8 kinda guy

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                      The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                      It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

And a 350 swap in that couldn't be any easier.

Comment

Working...
                        X