Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This goes where?

Guys,
    trying to piece together what I'm told is a 1987 Grand Marquis 302.
    I rebuilt it but when I got it it was already dismantled so the obvious is done but I'm onto vacuum lines,sensors etc.
    This is the first of many I'm sure but where does this go?
    A quick snap of the engine too.

Hi EnglishBob

That is a DPFE sensor and an EVR, dont know where they go on a 302 didn't realise it had them but on a 281 they go on the back of the throttle body adapter elbow which isn't much help

Regards

Dereck
    Last edited by Dereck; 12-01-2013, 04:01 PM.
    President and founder of The Turbine Wheel Appreciation Society and Little Debbie Cake Connoissuer

Also "The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

Comment

Definitely not a 1987 part. In the bin with it.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks Gents,
        It with lots of other strange parts was in a box I got with the 302.

Comment

that looks like it would be from an explorer 302... and OBD-II version. yeah... not needed.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Doesn't look like anything I've ever encountered on any of the 302-equipped boxes I've had over the years.
            Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
            Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Not even sure thats new enough for OBDII. The connectors look like OBD1 stuff. My WAG says thats from the early 90s, maybe a 4.6 vehicle.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                Not even sure thats new enough for OBDII. The connectors look like OBD1 stuff. My WAG says thats from the early 90s, maybe a 4.6 vehicle.
                Nailed it!! I had a 4.6 boat anchor I stripped down to scrap and threw bits that looked useful in the box.

Comment

been a while since I've looked under the hood of an OBDII exploder... so meh.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                  X