Box interior colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Box interior colors

Just curious, were tudor boxes or any boxes(CV, GM only) offered with black or charcoal interiors?

Also, are tudor seatbelts different length than a sedan?

I personally never seen a black interior in a marquis or vic, only in box lincolns. But, I'm sure they existed. As for the front belts, if the lincoln belts are the same, coupes had longer ones. The retractors are a bit different too. IIRC, the button for the release is the difference. The coupe has a cable and button and the sedan has the button as part of the retractor. If you want to change the belts, there is a solution.
    Last edited by marquisman; 12-07-2013, 06:54 PM.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Yes on Black interiors on boxy sedans. Don't know about Tudors. If you want info on a specific year, I could look in some of my sales brochures.
      Tudor seat belts are longer than sedans

Comment

I have never seen black interior on a box CV/GM. I just looked at an 82, and 86 Vic brochures and black is not listed. I have an 89 MGM brochure somewhere, if I find it I'll check that too.

The box TCs and Marks did have black/dk charcoal available, I've seen a few of those.
        2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
        2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
        Past Panthers
        1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
        if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

To think of it, dident Mexican versions get the black interiors? I know those cars had the better options lol.

Comment

Mexican versions may have included black as it made the dope on the seats easier to see!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Gonna have fun time locating some black seat belts. Maybe I will just dye mine.

Also, this is a bit offtopic but was there a 79-87 LTD or GMQ model without the push guards on the bumper?
              Last edited by Mr Bean; 12-08-2013, 04:24 PM.

Comment

You can do what I did once, buy the belt webbing in bulk, then take your retractor and new material to a place that makes safety slings and such. They can sew them up.

Comment

No black for 84. What about M7 belts or stang belts? They had black interiors. Not sure if the length is the same.

'93 T-bird
                  '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                  '88 Mark VII
                  '86 CV

Comment

I know that black vinyl was used on some police/base boxes. Somewhere between 1988-1991.
                    I saw a few at auction in the Los Angeles area quite a few years ago.
                    Last edited by Mainemantom; 12-09-2013, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by purplebomb302 View Post
                      No black for 84. What about M7 belts or stang belts? They had black interiors. Not sure if the length is the same.
                      I was wondering the same thing, if maybe belts from another non-panther Ford might work, whether it be a car, truck, or van. If the length is right, then as long as the buckles look the same they will like right in the car.
                      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                        Also, this is a bit offtopic but was there a 79-87 LTD or GMQ model without the push guards on the bumper?
                        Do you mean front bumper, or both? No box TCs or Mark VI had rear bumperettes. Looks like there may have been some early box CV/GMs with clean rear bumpers although I can't confirm that. Every box Panther had front bumperettes.
                        RyPow
                        1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX sedan - The "Sand Box" - 73K, towing package
                        1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
                        1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net
                        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, 102k, daily driver
                        2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, 115k, winter beats
                        1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car, 42k
                        2012 F-150 5.0L 4x4, HD payload pkg (towing/hauling)
                        2015 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD (better half's)

Comment

Originally posted by RyPow View Post
                          Do you mean front bumper, or both? No box TCs or Mark VI had rear bumperettes. Looks like there may have been some early box CV/GMs with clean rear bumpers although I can't confirm that. Every box Panther had front bumperettes.
                          I meant both. I wanted to remove bumper guards and just run smooth bumpers so I was hoping there was black molding available to run the entire width of the bumper to fill in the gaps where the guards used to sit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                            I meant both. I wanted to remove bumper guards and just run smooth bumpers so I was hoping there was black molding available to run the entire width of the bumper to fill in the gaps where the guards used to sit.
                            I suppose you could try to adapt the TC/MK rear strips to a front bumper. Obviously the mounting holes would be different, but the length should be appropriate.
                            RyPow
                            1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX sedan - The "Sand Box" - 73K, towing package
                            1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
                            1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net
                            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, 102k, daily driver
                            2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, 115k, winter beats
                            1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car, 42k
                            2012 F-150 5.0L 4x4, HD payload pkg (towing/hauling)
                            2015 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD (better half's)

Comment

tan, beige, camel?

What are the interior colors of the 1987 tudors? Is mine a tan, beige, camel, or some other moniker?
                              1987 Grand Marquis LS two door, trying to get to the 60,000 mile mark.

Comment

Working...
                              X