• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flat magenta?

Packman

Comment

I don't need to be that unique.
      Internal combustion of all types is a mechanical symphony, but it is the primordial roar of a V-8 that stirs a man's savage soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerbeans View Post
        I don't need to be that unique.
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Seems I revive too many dead threads lately. But it'd be great to see an update on this!

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
          The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
          It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Can't believe I missed this, that's such a nice car. Makes me wish I had the time and money to fix up my car.

I'd like to see it in person, I deliver aftermarket parts to Wichita so maybe when it gets warm I'll see it in passing. Good to know there's another member out here in the Midwest.
            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

SO it been awhile. LOL. Since I last dropped in, I added a Trans-go shift kit and installed the rear discs with poly bushings. Shift kit is cool, barks 2nd. The bushings was a good idea. The shells in my diff had moved, so when I installed the bushings, I tack welded the housings to the diff. While I had it all out, I painted the diff, and arms. Late this summer I painted it statin black, using of all things, house paint, onyx black to be exact LOL. While I was at I swapped mirrors also. Their from Summit, $20, and don't use acetone to clean off paint overspray, trust me. I haven't done much else, though tax time might see a pocket porting on the heads and a new cam. Oh yea, I also re-named it "Fates Interceptor". Kind of like a warship or something similar. Figured its a big machine, name it like a big machine. I believe I will stencil "SXP-72" on each quarter panel, it military font, using electric blue. The "Fates Interceptor" in a kind of cursive. Just check out the nose art of bombers from WWII to get an idea of what I mean. Click image for larger version

Name:	New 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	1278657Click image for larger version

Name:	New 2.jpg
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	1278658Click image for larger version

Name:	new 3.jpg
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	1278659
              Last edited by Lazerbeans; 01-08-2016, 06:56 PM.
              Internal combustion of all types is a mechanical symphony, but it is the primordial roar of a V-8 that stirs a man's savage soul.

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
                Can't believe I missed this, that's such a nice car. Makes me wish I had the time and money to fix up my car.

I'd like to see it in person, I deliver aftermarket parts to Wichita so maybe when it gets warm I'll see it in passing. Good to know there's another member out here in the Midwest.
                You might be disappointed, its got a 50/50 paint job; looks go at 50mph and 50feet. LOL. But my wife is doing a Mustang show this summer, and I might do Lake Afton also, so you could see it there. Hopefully a little straighter than it is now.

Comment

Cool, welcome back!
                  Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                  ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                  ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                  ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

WHOA WHOA WHOA

Another wichita fellow here?

AWESOME!

Comment

I personally preferred it white... but it still looks awesome in black. Welcome back.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                        I personally preferred it white... but it still looks awesome in black. Welcome back.
                        Racist

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                          Racist
                          Coolist. Texas sun and all that.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                          Originally posted by gadget73
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                          Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Oh good God that is nasty! Love it!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
                            1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
                            1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
                            1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

It has been quite a while since I've checked in with you guys. Felt like I should check in since treated me well in the past. Since I've last checked in I've done quite a bit of work to do car. First off it was in a wreck and I had to rebuild the front end. Then there was the engine build.

First the wreck. Short story is, I was turning into work, lady didn't want to wait in the merge lane came from around already stopped cars and I turned into her. Shattered the front grill, tore the bumper off and crushed both fenders. Replace the passenger side fender, straighten the driver side fender, straighten the bumper and replaced the grill. If you remember my bumpers are tucked and molded it in so I had to redo that again. Except this time I wasn't quite patient and painted it a little quick so it came out a bit rougher than last time.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	41983566_10217604074242436_9193242184143339520_o.jpg
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	1288657Click image for larger version

Name:	41991424_10217604079482567_3570648308802125824_o.jpg
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	1288656

Onto the engine bulid. The short block is from ATK, a stock rebuild. The heads are from ProMaxx, Max 180 for small block Ford. The cam is from comp cams their xe262h flat tappet grind. The heads flow 260 CFMat .500 lift so they're capable of supporting a bigger cam but I intend to retrofitting to a roller cam later then I will use a more aggressive cam. This cam has a very Broad powerband and it's an absolute brute from two grand to 5600. It should make around 390hp@550 and 428tq@4000. It's only got about eight hundred miles on the rebuilt but from what I gather from a half throttle blasts I've done thus far those numbers and not far off the mark. At half throttle when I shift into 2nd gear with 275 40 R17 it steps out quite a bit.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	20180522_140048.jpg
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	1288658Click image for larger version

Name:	20190526_134658.jpg
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	1288659Click image for larger version

Name:	20190512_152949.jpg
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	1288660Click image for larger version

Name:	20190526_153502.jpg
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	1288661Click image for larger version

Name:	20190922_103918_1.jpg
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	1288662Click image for larger version

Name:	20200520_125641.jpg
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	1288663
                              I have many many more pictures of every step of the rebuild. If you guys like I'd be happy to post them. I am certain there is a couple small changes of forgotten, I might update if I remember them.
                              Last edited by Lazerbeans; 02-21-2021, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Engine looks good!

Glad you were able to find some body parts. Getting hard to find.
                                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Working...
                                X