No announcement yet.

1990 Crown Vic "ShockRod"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your car looks awesome, and sounds like it's a lot of fun to drive too.

I found the link to andyfanshawe's wagon.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Great looking ride!..........digging the fiberglass bumper mold idea!
      Rodney Tolleson, me at the track.....future drag box racer!

Comment

Glad to see someone's creative juices flowing. I don't have that kind of vision but I can appreciate those who have it. NICE!

Comment

All of these ideas didn't just "pop" out at me. I have had this car since '09 at least. Over the years, and studying other cars, I have came up with these ideas. Basically I have developed this "vision" over the years; it is a learned thing.
          And as always; thanks for the complements.
          Internal combustion of all types is a mechanical symphony, but it is the primordial roar of a V-8 that stirs a man's savage soul.

Comment

Hm, all the chrome around the top but no vinyl top is odd. Usually you only see that on the more plushy cars. Any chance this one was already de-vinyled when you got it, but someone put the trim back on?
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

From what I understand that's one way you can tell it's an actual cop car; no vinyl roof. But they still put the chrome and badge on there.
              Internal combustion of all types is a mechanical symphony, but it is the primordial roar of a V-8 that stirs a man's savage soul.

Comment

Both of my 90 CVPI are "chromed up" around the roof line and are slick tops. Since these cars were offered to State, City, and Federal Agencies the trim level and options are subject to the bid specification of each agency. I was able to work with a fleet sales manager and actually saw the NC bid/spec for the 90 and 91 cars. Our dealership was owned by an individual who had another dealership in Raleigh and our fleet manager worked up the bid. Seems like paint color and scheme was highly bid specific. For instance, many cities used a dark walnut brown for their Sherriff's cars. That color was not a color available to normal consumers. The black and silver two-tone cost over 500 bucks on the Ford sticker price. Not saying NC paid that for it however! Another misconception is the axle. All of our NCSHP cars built in 90 and 91 had open rear axles and not LTD-slip (Ford called trac-lock IIRC). In fact, I can't ever remember buying any of the 16 I've had that were 2L73 axles. My statements are for 5.8L engine applications. I didn't buy any 5.0 equipped police package cars. These cars were also purchased by other agencies in NC and used by what's called MFM (Motor Fleet Management). These cars were maintained by the state and used for Prisoner transfer, school officials, etc.

Comment

That's interesting, mine does have limited-slip. I just assumed all CVPI were limited slip. My Vic was blue on blue, and they definitely didn't get the two-tone from Ford. LOL

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0642.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	1273486

From this pic you can see my silver 90 and "ole red" an 88 in the back ground. Note lots of trim. Unless I missed something like "laserbeams". Not sure how to make it larger, but maybe this will work.

Comment

Sorry if I am mistaken, but are you saying you don't understand why mine doesn't have trim around the roof?

Comment

In your pics in post #1 pics 2, 4, and 5 show bright trim on the roof and window surrounds). In post #20 a question was supposed that maybe the bright trim was part of a vinyl top delete and the bright trim re-installed. My posts and photos confirm that Ford used the bright trim on roof, pillars, and window surrounds on the P72 (at least with 5.8 engine opt) during 88-91) and NO vinyl top. Looks like you removed the bright trim in your later photos. The 5.8 cop car was not sold "new" to the public in the USA. The gas guzzler tax and the impact on the fleet fuel economy standards were big concerns for Ford. All car options were subject to bid/specs and not necessarily the same as cars offered to the general public. In other words, these were factory "custom" cars. I have seen a couple of US marshals cars (GM and CV) at auctions. Two of them had factory vinyl tops and 5.8 engines.

Comment

Yes, indeed I removed mine. Interesting info.

Comment

I posted your photo of the complete front bumper redone to twitter & TTAC (the truth about cars) posted a link to your car thread on their Facebook page!

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2
                            Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Thanks man, that was kind of you. You guys are humbling me with all the "love". The link on the "Truth about cars" FB pg is to my pro-touring pg. Looks like I am not the only one that gets around LOL

Comment

Very nice. all the subtle mods if take by themselves, are small things but when added together make a really clean ride.

I also have a 91 P72 351W but as you can see, I have gone the resto route.

Name:	photo-vi.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	1273491

Name:	photo2-vi.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	1273492

I have no regrets, but it is nice to see what could've been.
                                1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

Working...
                                X