1990 Crown Vic "ShockRod"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice car, cannot blame a guy for keeping it stock. Alot less involved LOL
    Internal combustion of all types is a mechanical symphony, but it is the primordial roar of a V-8 that stirs a man's savage soul.

Comment

They got the hook up though; as they get those one of none police parts (police cage, center console for shotgun, etc...). Any work done to these cars is going to be work. Sometimes I think to myself that I'd rather just pay the extra insurance for a Fox body. LOL

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerbeans View Post
        From what I understand that's one way you can tell it's an actual cop car; no vinyl roof. But they still put the chrome and badge on there.
        Not really, all the Taxi package cars as well as many that were sold for company fleets (rental car excluded) were vinyl delete. You could even order one from the factory like that. The LTD S was available to the public. The only way to tell for sure in the vin code P72, and even then that code was used for all the fleet cars until 1993 when the police cars became the P71.

And here's another oddity, the police car could be ordered as an LX, which means that it would get all the LX goodies, ATC, available leather, Available Turbines, the half vinyl roof, Hell, I've even seen one with a full coach roof and insta-clear. But it was a legit P72 police car, big sway bars, dual exhaust, big brakes, 140 spedo and spotlight delete. The only ones I have seen were driven by high ranking Police Officials (Chief, Commander, Federal Agencies ect...) and I'm sure they carried a hefty price tag.
        Last edited by watchdog; 12-13-2013, 08:36 PM.
        1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

My 90 CV is a P73 and it doesn't have a half soft top but the crome trim. The Vin decodes that my car was for fleet use not PD use.

Comment

Your car is definitely different! Good to see some smooth custom work done to a Panther. That front end is definitely something else!

When you get more pictures up, could you post some of the headlights lit up? They're neat looking, I wouldn't mind knowing more about them.

sigpic
            - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Thanks!
              I got the headlights from here; http://everythingcarparts.com/. They are composite light. They don't fit perfectly, I had to trim the headlight bucket a bit, and remove a small blue light bulb they put in the headlight itself. But if one had a grinder or a body-saw not a real sweat to make fit. I do have pics of them lit, but the battery is low and the composite light take more juice than regular it appears, because they are rather dim. And when you switch to high beams, it cause the other set to dim. LOL Sound like I need a relay of some sorts. that being said:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	rGNUngqisPaj9yrkjtwnED4_NXBQQSfxPQ5Boqhlx8A.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	1273507
              Internal combustion of all types is a mechanical symphony, but it is the primordial roar of a V-8 that stirs a man's savage soul.

Comment

Got a part number or link dude?

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2
                Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

http://everythingcarparts.com/87-90_...4x6-BK_15.html

Comment

Damn, I tried to order 2 sets of those from the site and they cancelled/refunded my order!
                    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

I really dig what's been done to this car so far.
                      '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
                      formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
                        Damn, I tried to order 2 sets of those from the site and they cancelled/refunded my order!
                        I hope they are just out of stock or something. I need another light. When I was working with the headlight buckets, one rolled out, off the bumper, onto my leg, then the ground and cracked it. SO be careful if you get a set, it appears it doesn't take much to crack'em.

Comment

nice work

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerbeans View Post
                            I hope they are just out of stock or something. I need another light. When I was working with the headlight buckets, one rolled out, off the bumper, onto my leg, then the ground and cracked it. SO be careful if you get a set, it appears it doesn't take much to crack'em.
                            I got in contact with the site owners thru their contact form and pointed them to the exact item my order was cancelled on and now they're back in stock!

I need to read up on the upgrades they offer on the headlights h4/h6/h8 or whatever the options are before I order a set or two.

Last edited by sxcpotatoes; 01-10-2014, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Ordered. The upgrades start at $70 per headlight 0_o so stock units ordered. How did you have to modify the headlight buckets to make them fit?

Comment

I had to enlarge the hole in the sheetmetal, where the plug for the light goes through, if I remember right. I have a bodysaw, so it was no issue for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X