No announcement yet.

1990 Crown Vic "ShockRod"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got to say that is one of the best looking Boxes I have ever seen. The front bumper tuck and look are astoundingly great looking, makes the car look like something out of the ordinary and if or when I have a box of my own I hope you wouldn't mind me stealin that idea :\

Great work, keep it up and keep us posted!

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
      Ordered. The upgrades start at $70 per headlight 0_o so stock units ordered. How did you have to modify the headlight buckets to make them fit?

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2
      Turns out each item is two headlights in one box! So I did get 8 headlights by ordering 4. Yay for full spare sets.

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2
      Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Tell me if yours seem unusually dull. I drove at night the other day, and they seemed really dim. May need an bulb upgrade, or relay. I am a afraid I am not well versed on electrical.
        Internal combustion of all types is a mechanical symphony, but it is the primordial roar of a V-8 that stirs a man's savage soul.

Comment

You should do the headlight relay upgrade. It's not that difficult to do, and it makes a world of differance in boxes.
          I know someone else will comment further on this.

Any updates??

-ryan s.
          08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
          94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
          73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
          12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
          Originally posted by pantera77
          Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

X2 on the headlight relays. Makes a whole world of difference. And it also keeps the headlight switch, and harness from burning up.

MIKE

Comment

I am going to do the headlight upgrade when the weather breaks a little. It looks as if the relay harness that I got for the quad headlight upgrade for Putter Project, might work for the CV as well. I might squeeze the 3G upgrade in there as well.

Packman

Comment

I am not very familiar with electronics. How does one go about upgrading the relay? Or is there a website/link I could goto?
                Internal combustion of all types is a mechanical symphony, but it is the primordial roar of a V-8 that stirs a man's savage soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerbeans View Post
                  I am not very familiar with electronics. How does one go about upgrading the relay? Or is there a website/link I could goto?
                  http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...ys/relays.html

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=50177

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=50089

Sent from my '85 Lincolin Town Car
                  Last edited by kodiak; 05-01-2014, 01:42 PM.
                  Using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks that pretty much clears it up. But in the drawing, which wire is being picked up from the starter solenoid?
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	headlightrelay.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	1274212

Comment

That wire you install. It should be at least 12 ga and fused. This wire is what powers the headlights. You can also run it straight off of the +12v side of the battery.

Sent from my '85 Lincolin Town Car
                      Using Tapatalk

Comment

I figured it out, but the drawing showed it coming from the starter solenoid, and it threw me. Basically same thing but different location, I am up to speed now. Thanks again.

Comment

it is a constant 12v.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Finally got HaVic out for some sun n speed. Beautiful day, and she purred like a kitten. So what did I do? Treated her like a dirty whore. Triple digits were seen, and she spent a bit of time side ways, erasing tires and growling like a jungle cat. Here's some beauty shots at a industrial park.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Excellent job ! I also like the wheels.

Comment

Thanks, everybody digs the wheels.

Comment

Working...
                                X