No announcement yet.

1990 Crown Vic "ShockRod"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must say awesome ride! Congrats on potm!
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Thanks!!
      Internal combustion of all types is a mechanical symphony, but it is the primordial roar of a V-8 that stirs a man's savage soul.

Comment

a well deserved congrats for POTM!

-ryan s.
        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
        Originally posted by pantera77
        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Yes, most definitely deserved. Are you planning on lowering the car any? THat would really cap it off nicely.

Packman

Comment

Thanks again guys. I am in the process of dropping it now. I just have so much other things I am doing, that its taking awhile.
            Internal combustion of all types is a mechanical symphony, but it is the primordial roar of a V-8 that stirs a man's savage soul.

Comment

I am thinking a switch to the "dark side" is in order while its stuck in the garage. A quick n dirty coat of satin black would be more fitting. With a nickname like HaVic it needs to look sinister, not like a prom night virgin.

Comment

ah... but the white makes for more of a shock when the hoon comes out. if it's all flat black, it's almost expected.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                  ah... but the white makes for more of a shock when the hoon comes out. if it's all flat black, it's almost expected.
                  True, but I have been painting my hot rods flat black since '93-'94. Its almost my trademark

Comment

but it would be so nice to have a secondary nickname "White Lightning"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Looks great as-is.
                      '79 Continental Town Car
                      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I sort of actually like the matte black idea and calling it HaVic! Sounds bad ass!

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

"White Lighting" was its project name for a couple years on The Hub Garage. It may get a total tear down this winter; paint the body gunmetal grey, and smooth n paint everything else. SO the black would be one less layer of paint to scrub off. But I cannot help but think that the black would look nasty, tough, and it would give me a slight idea how a sliver/grey might look.

Comment

This car is absolutely beautiful, excellent job, and congrats on POTM! Your car more than deserves it for what you've done with it!
                            1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
                            1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
                            1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Gunmetal grey would look awesome. I'm just burnt out on the flat black. EVERY wannabe ricer/racer/hot-rod around here is painted flat black. Which, being in Texas... and summer coming up... and most the time these fools don't have working AC... they' probably sweat buckets and their seats probably smell like baked ass. bah

Comment

That's one of the biggest reasons I haven't done it before. I like being a bit different, and when I first started doing it, it was semi-unique. Now everybody and their mother does it.

Comment

Working...
                                X