Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exhaust is possibly in need of replacing any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Includes a new H with Cats?

Sounds good.

You can find some polished stainless tips in the meanwhile if you like.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

if that's cats and back, that is a decent price.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I had my full cat back dual exhaust with cherry bombs done including headers for about $1100. I had them do it exactly how I wanted it exiting right at the rear bumper. I did the headers myself because the shop would not guarantee them because of high leak possibility. They were right >:l but still probably the best investment I've made other than the two 12" subs.
        1991 Grand Marquis LS blog- Mayhem; two 12" Kenwood 800w subs, True dual catback, BBK shorties, cherrybombs, steel top, L/H hella lights, 18" AR Torq thrust, Trans cooler, class 3 hitch kit, more on the way...

Comment

well i took the car to the shop and had the work done i decided to keep it stock since gas prices are killin' me and they seem to have put some new pipes and got rid of the pressure hose fuel lines another mechanic put in all for $195 and its quiet i mean real quiet i think its quieter than most v6's out there. havent taken it on the highway i just drove it home and im pretty happy also he quoted the vavle cover gaskets for $280 which is alot less than i was quoted from the same mechanic that did the pressure hose fuel lines for $250

Comment

Originally posted by TroubleMarq View Post
            he quoted the vavle cover gaskets for $280

HAHAHAAHHA what?!
            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Do the valve cover gaskets yourself. Seriously.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

^ +1, I did them in less than an hour and the gaskets are like $10?? $250 is outrageous
                1991 Grand Marquis LS blog- Mayhem; two 12" Kenwood 800w subs, True dual catback, BBK shorties, cherrybombs, steel top, L/H hella lights, 18" AR Torq thrust, Trans cooler, class 3 hitch kit, more on the way...

Comment

I guess they do cheap work when I got to work there was a whole bunch of smoke and glowing red hot above the catalytic converter on the passenger side so I had them come tow it then they said they fixed it and the minute I get home the exhaust out of no where starts sounding exactly the same as before and what do you know... more smoke I have no clue what happened... or if he even looked at it the second time

Comment

I just hate that shit. It is why I got into self auto repair in the first place.
                    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Even though I tend to do the work myself; removing and installing VC gaskets on these cars takes time and patience.

Packman

Comment

Working...
                      X