TroubleMarq's sound SysteM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TroubleMarq's sound SysteM

Thought I'd put this thread together since my system is coming along nicely been piecing it together each month
    So far I got a crappy little 400 Watt SSL Working Double not Triple time
    -It's powering 2 6.5 Alpines and 2 6 X 9 Pioneer's in the rear along with the 2 15 inch Power acoustic Subs
    the amp is doing ok but I jut have it in there till I can get my hands on sum more money
    More than anything ive been getting my electrical game up
    -High AMP 240 alternator from eagleelectric not sure if its going to live up to the amperage when needed yet
    -0 gauge big three fashioned out of the knu koncepts wire that stuff is insanely flexible and it was a lot cheaper than I thought
    -Kinetik HC 2400 - having some trouble getting this to work going to try to get it to charge up and hopefully use it for the 1st time... supposedly needs to be trickle charged slow for a long time Dry cell Problems
    also did a couple of other things I took out the clock and put a blue voltage meter inside it trying to keep it blue in there, have it controlled by a blue L.E.D. chrome rocker switch I put under the radio with some modifications going to post pictures soon

the good thing is it's ready for the amps I want and shouldn't be a problem besides maybe sticking a 2000D opti drive amp under the passengers seat

knukoncepts is definitely good stuff, and very affordable. I used one of their kits for the 85. The quality is as good as the high dollar stuff, but the price is like the cheap stuff!

Absolutely make sure you get some good amps - make sure the subs have their own amp, preferably one you can run MONO mode and has a built in frequency filter.
    If your sub(s) aren't too needy, a good 5ch amp (with one channel just for subs) is usually up for the job.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I too thought knu koncepts wire was pretty good stuff. Knant beat the kost.

Pete
      Originally posted by gadget73
      For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
      1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
      1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

I used Knu in my install too. Good value IMO.
        2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
        2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
        Past Panthers
        1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
        if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Just installed a voltage meter i bought a cheap one from china that just decided to stop working so i ended up getting a better one. Instead of using an accessory wire i went with a chrome rocker switch with a blue led tip (decided on a blue theme for the inside to match the interior) planning on changing the dashboard lights to blue when i figure out how to do itClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0037[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	1273609Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0038[1].jpg
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	1273610Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0039[1].jpg
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	1273611

Comment

right now im waiting on a new amp it's an autotek 1050.4 i bought it mostly because of the fuse ratings lol 2 30 amps at the price it was the only one with that was that high but that could mean it's just not efficient at all. no reviews so i guess i'll be the 1st one

Comment

Working...
            X