just brought home a 96 crown vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just brought home a 96 crown vic

Just got home with a 96 Crown Vic. High miles and it needs some TLC - Not sure exactly what yet.

I know it needs a windshield. Also likely some front end work, the steering is sloppy as fuck. Needs tires, plugs and spark plug wires...I got it dirt cheap so I can't complain too much about how much work it needs. The usual used car treatment (oil/fuel/air/trans filter, injector/intake cleaning)

Taking it to work tomorrow or the next day to put it up on the hoist and see what needs fixing.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Looks good. If its not rusty, soak dat ass in oil

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Looks good bud!
        1971 Mustang Coupe - Weekend Warrior
        1990 Crown Vic - Driver/Project

Comment

Best of luck with it. Looks good

Comment

It was bogging down quite a bit so it was hard to get a feel for it on the drive home, but I suspected it had something like 2.73s in the rear because it was so fucking lazy. Turns out I was right.

Oh well, can't win em all. I only have one set of 3.55s and my other boat wants them.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
              Needs tires, plugs and spark plug wires...
              I've got NGK wires (blue in color) that I removed from my '92 CV when I took it off the road a few years ago. Also have a set of wheel covers with caps, same style as those.
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

What do you want for the wires? It's only like 75 bucks for plugs/wires on RockAuto but anything cheaper interests me greatly.

I checked locally and even with my discount through the shop it's 150-ish. Fuck that.

Pretty sure my cars got a bad TPS, it's too fucking cold out to go and test it but it wants to die right off of idle when you give it gas quickly. When you ease into it, it's not so bad.

Right now my priority is a set of decent tires so I can get it around without unintentionally powersliding around every corner. Lots and lots of snow lately.
                Last edited by 1990LTD; 01-04-2014, 07:54 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

What do you want for the wires? It's only like 75 bucks for plugs/wires on RockAuto but anything cheaper interests me greatly. I checked locally and even with my discount through the shop it's 150-ish. Fuck that.
                  Still have the receipt. I paid $119 at Auto Machinery for the wires. How does $40 obo sound?
                  '79 Continental Town Car
                  '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                  '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Had the car on the hoist today at work...passenger side frame rail at the torque box is fucked with a capital F. Most fortunately I work with a guy that's a wizard of a fabricator/welder and he can work with what's there and make it whole again. There's a spot in the trunk where you can poke the carpet through the pan, I'll put a patch on there myself more than likely (I've got a welder that can do 1/8 body metal but nothing as thick as the frame.)

Needs a little bit of front end work...LF outer tie rod end, lower ball joint, RF wheel bearing. Brakes are fine. Brake lines are fine. I was expecting more to be wrong with the front end but I was kind of shocked at how bad that section of frame is.

Still needs tires. A few hundred bucks and I'll have myself a decent beater for getting to/fro work.

I hit you up on Facebook, good sir.
                    sigpic

Comment

How many owners?
                      '79 Continental Town Car
                      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Hopefully this CV will turn out to be a reliable beater for you.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                          How many owners?

Couldn't tell you.
                          sigpic

Comment

Couldn't tell you.
                            TWO. Him, and everybody else.!

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2
                            Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Still needs tires.
                              Perhaps you can find some decent used tires to save a few bucks.
                              '79 Continental Town Car
                              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                              X