No announcement yet.

just brought home a 96 crown vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That snow pile tho.. good thing you made wheels a priority unlike me I was tokyo drifting all ova the place my first snowfall I'll probably cheap out and just get two winter tires for the rear

Comment

heh, that's what I did! That snow pile isn't too bad though. For a while there all you could see of my 1990 was the drivers door mirror poking out of the snowbank.

I found a pair of tires I've apparently had for years and bought a pair of cheap winters at work. I've got the new tires on the rear and once I finish my front end work, I'll put the pair I found on the front.

I've had a set of 15" lacey spoke rims from a Town Car that I was saving for something and now I know what I've been saving 'em for. Need center caps though....that's real low on the priority list.

Stuck a new gas filter on there today. It bogs down slightly less off-idle, but it's not 100%...haven't been able to find any vacuum leaks. Gonna do a fuel pressure test soon to rule out a fuel delivery issue and test the TPS and MAF.

Still waiting for my buddy to finish his Jeep and fix my frame, once that's done I can get the windshield put in and do my front end work and the car will be ready for an inspection sticker (will be nice and legal!)
      Last edited by 1990LTD; 01-16-2014, 05:49 PM.
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

At least you're rocking big Ford wheels year-round now! Good to see.
        Now let us never speak of FWD Gov't Motors car again. lol
        Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
        Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

hah, I'm going to keep the Buick. I just have no place to put it now, it's been at work in the lot for a couple of months. Boss doesn't like it much but I don't have the room.

When I get it running I'll probably give it to my mom or something. Or take it out the woods.
          Last edited by 1990LTD; 01-17-2014, 07:28 PM.
          sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
            When I get it running I'll probably give it to my mom or something. Or take it out the woods.
            I vote take it out in the woods. Like Ol' Yeller.
            Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
            Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by nfldfordltd View Post
              i vote take it out in the woods. Like ol' yeller.
              x2
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

yeah it's gonna get scrapped. going to start stripping it this weekend, will probably take the magnaflow muffler and put it on the 96 vic, after i put a LH manifold on it...i might not need to depending on how lucky i am with the studs at the flange.

bought my front end parts and plugs/wires. frame work soon.

i think it needs front springs. it's pretty low up there, and one side seems to be a touch lower than the other. need to decide what springs to go with.
                sigpic

Comment

bought my front end parts and plugs/wires. frame work soon.
                  Ugh...frame work. I hope you don't end up getting fucked in your bum at MVI over the repaired frame like I did with my 91 F-150 winter beater.

Comment

I have some pull at the shop
                    sigpic

Comment

Just tried to edit my post but this forum has a ridiculous 30 minute limit on editing.

"Nah. It will be alright, I would say. Will be repaired professionally, and I may or may not be the one doing the inspection.

Got front end parts and plugs in the mail today. Plug wires will be coming whenever 79lincolnlover receives payment and sends em out.

Not sure when I'll get my front end work done, likely next week sometimes since I'm really only picking at it during lunch hour at work.

Got an inner, outer tie rod end and adjuster sleeve. It only needs an outer but I'll be goddamned if I'm fucking around with rusted adjuster sleeve. Plus now I'll have grease fittings on both inner/outer, not just the outer as the case is currently."
                      sigpic

Comment

I have some pull at the shop
                        You said "pull" lol

Comment

fucking trunk won't open! the tumbler turns but it feels like it's not connected to anything.

EDIT: i missed the giant "TRUNK" text and key slot on the bottom of the drivers door. crisis averted!
                          Last edited by 1990LTD; 02-02-2014, 04:23 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Plug wires will be coming whenever 79lincolnlover receives payment and sends em out.
                            Will be shipped this week
                            '79 Continental Town Car
                            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Got em. Did plugs/wires today and cleaned the very dirty MAF sensor. It's like a different car now, but still kinda soggy off the line with the 2.73s.

Found half of an H pipe (we had to hack it up a few months back for a budget repair on a Y pipe) and a left hand tailpipe on the walls at work...I've got a Magnaflow that I had on the Buick. Would probably run the Magnaflow on the left and the stocker on the right until I got another Magnaflow to match. The left hand of the Y pipe is leaking anyway, I can likely frankenstein up some duals for little to no money.
                              sigpic

Comment

Cheap duals FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X