Unable to access the site from mobile browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to access the site from mobile browser

So i havent bern on here in ages, mainly because when i try to go to the site from my smartphone (main mode of internet now), it just takes me to a blank page. Any ideas besides tapatalk, which is a p.i.t.a.?

Sent from somewhere east of the Blue Ridge
    88 CVPI - 5.0, lsc headers, punched cats, Cherry Bomb glasspacks, transgo shift kit, 3rd gen police console, 3rd gen push bar, KC Daylighters, wagon rear springs, soon to be 3.55 posi rear, all police antennas and spotlight, 216k on orignal motor, trans, and rear.
    90 Festiva - 1.6 dohc turbo pushing 15 psi, full coil overs, 6 puck clutch. Daily whip that shits and gets. 30 mpg!

I've got no problems on my samsung galaxy s4 or my galaxy tab 2 10". what phone do you have?

'93 T-bird
    '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
    '88 Mark VII
    '86 CV

Comment

Galaxy s3.

88 CVPI - 5.0, lsc headers, punched cats, Cherry Bomb glasspacks, transgo shift kit, 3rd gen police console, 3rd gen push bar, KC Daylighters, wagon rear springs, soon to be 3.55 posi rear, all police antennas and spotlight, 216k on orignal motor, trans, and rear.
      90 Festiva - 1.6 dohc turbo pushing 15 psi, full coil overs, 6 puck clutch. Daily whip that shits and gets. 30 mpg!

Comment

"Request desktop site" is how I access the site from my phone.

Once the blank page loads, if you are using Chrome, by the address bar I have 3 dots stacked on top of each other which is the options menu that will have "Request desktop site" option.

Edit: I figured out how to take a screenshot:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-02-08-28-51.png
Views:	1
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	1273576
        Last edited by VicCrownVic; 01-02-2014, 09:33 AM.
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Awesome. That fixed it! Thank you VicCrownVic!

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
            "Request desktop site" is how I access the site from my phone.

Once the blank page loads, if you are using Chrome, by the address bar I have 3 dots stacked on top of each other which is the options menu that will have "Request desktop site" option.

Edit: I figured out how to take a screenshot:
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]38160[/ATTACH]
            Yep, just had the same problem with my android phone. With your instructions now works fine.
            Somebody should sticky this.

Comment

If you root the phone there is a hack out there that allows you to set the request desktop site and not have to set it every time.
              Although rooting your phone should only be done if you're not worried about bricking the phone or voiding your warranty.
              Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

I've heard that taptalk is now a free app? it works well with this site. The mobile side of the site never has worked right.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                  I've heard that taptalk is now a free app? it works well with this site. The mobile side of the site never has worked right.
                  That's true, tapatalk is a free app that works pretty well. I just prefer the desktop layout because I know where everything is.
                  Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                  ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

I use the taptalk, it's not bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X