K&N cold air intake kit.....will it fit my 1996 mercury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K&N cold air intake kit.....will it fit my 1996 mercury

I was thinking about getting the K&N cold air intake,but the oldest they show is for a 1999.
    Can anybody tell me if there any major engine bay changes from my 1996 to the 1999,looks like it should fit??.

Any help would great.

Originally posted by mudgnome View Post
    I was thinking about getting the K&N cold air intake,but the oldest they show is for a 1999.
    Can anybody tell me if there any major engine bay changes from my 1996 to the 1999,looks like it should fit??.

Any help would great.

14 views of the thread .....I guess no one know's,..........or because I am a newbie.

Comment

Did you check with adtr.net to see what their listing says??

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

also, the direct fit K&N filter is also an option. You can use the stock airbox (which is a cold air intake as well).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

it'll fit

-ryan s.
          08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
          94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
          73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
          12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
          Originally posted by pantera77
          Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

I have just the K&N filter in my 96 CV. Stock air box. Works fine.

Comment

Had them in my cars and to be honest couldn't tell the difference. I'll stick with the stock filter...

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

Comment

Thanks for the info guys...not sure what to do now...lol

Comment

The kits are around $200+. I don't see it being worth it.
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Just had the K&N's in my stock air box and like I said - couldn't tell the difference! Never set up a pure cold intake (other than stock) so can't say but doubt it would really matter.

Comment

The CAI's don't really do anything for the modular V-8's until you start re tuning the computers and using a bigger MAF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A friend of mine had that K&N stuff on his fox body Mustang Saleen. And figured out the car ran better/stronger and got more MPG's with the stock parts back on.

Comment

Working...
                        X